College Football Kick-Off Week: Link-Up!

We made it to football season! It seems to take forever to get back to kick off week, especially when your team doesn't do so hot the year before. Gators, I guess we can't win it every year, right?!


Southerners in particular are super serious about their football. I had no idea what the Gator chomp was when I stepped into the Swamp for my first game as a freshman. Tailgating in Gainesville was such an experience, we aren't like other SEC schools that require dresses and heels for a game. Jean shorts are completely acceptable. (I can hear my southern friends cringing!) If you're interested in my favorite tailgate essentials, see them here!

Even if you're not into the whole football thing, everyone loves food. Typically I'm the person that brings the dessert. My peanut butter cup dessert has never failed to be devoured within the first hour. But you don't see pizza at tailgates very often, so I thought I'd share this white pizza dip that is great for game day! You can also make it in a crock pot if you need to take it on the road.


This is super cheesy, so if you are on a diet I suggest you break some rules for a day

White Pizza Dip
Adapted from How Sweet It Is

Ingredients
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 bag (8 ounces) of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bag (8 ounces) of shredded six-cheese Italian or Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Dash of Oregano (I used dried Oregano, but fresh is always better)
Dash of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
 

The thing I love about this recipe is once your ingredients are prepped, it's so easy. Set aside about a half cup of the shredded cheese. Then mix the rest of the ingredients together and transfer to an oven-safe baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and dried oregano.

Bake on 400 degrees for roughly 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbly. Top with a grated Parmesan cheese, basil leaves for garnish, and serve with crackers.

So good! And I promise no one else has thought about bringing pizza dip to your tailgate!

13 comments

  1. Oh wow that pizza dip looks delicious! I also love your linkup image, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love pizza dip!!! Love the kickoff party and can't wait for the weekend to get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait to try this recipe this fall! Happy Kick off week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that pizza dip sounds amazing!! Thanks for hosting this fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy this looks better than the 4 ingredient pizza dip I make! Maybe I'll make this for the guys too! That's if I make anything for them. Depends how bad they trash my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this sounds so amazingggg! I was so excited about making tailgating foods this week but my game is on at 8:30 am so I think I'll be making breakfast instead of tailgating stuff LOL! Maybe in two weeks I can give this a try!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely pinning to make this sometimes this football season!! Looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah! This is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! I will definitely be linking up next week girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dip looks amazing!!!! I will def. be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh this dip sounds & looks wonderful! I must try is soon!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband would eat this dip in one sitting... I have to make it for him! And do girls really wear dresses and heels to tailgating?! That just seems crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.