First Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and got to spoil your mama (or be spoiled!)

Our weekend was such a whirlwind! Last night my husband asked if it actually was the weekend because we were so busy, it didn't even feel like it.

We haven't officially moved into the new house yet because we had some painting to do, which turns out is really hard to accomplish when you're trying to keep the baby away from the smells but need both of you there to help. We didn't get nearly the amount of painting done that we had planned but that's just another lesson in parenthood!

On Sunday we took a much needed break from most of the new home prep. My sweet husband made us a huge breakfast and a big steak dinner later that day, plus he got a cookie cake. All of said food is making me really regret stepping on the scale today but it was pretty glorious and worth all of the calories. At least I worked it off painting, right? I also have a much needed mani-pedi sesh planned for after all the painting is done... thanks babe!

Most importantly, I snugged this little dude, told him I loved him and kissed him a million times, and just felt so insanely grateful to be his mama.


The past three months of motherhood have filled me with so much joy seeing our little man grow and develop. It has also taught me so much about priorities and adjusting my expectations (yes, it will take you much longer to get out of the house but the more you do it, the easier it gets!).
 

I'm a pretty spoiled girl having these two (and our girl Ruby) in my life. And with that, I think this fulfills my sappy post quota for the year.

9 comments

  1. Aw what a sweet post! Theo read it before me, you know he's such a big blog reader ;), and goes that's the same crib we have! Haha He especially liked the picture of the back of Steve's head!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post mama! Happy Mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a good first Mother's Day! I am in love with that photo through the crib spindles. Such a cute angle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy First Mama's Day! He is beautiful!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you had a good mothers day and steve went all out with the food! that's the best part right :) especially those cookie cakes! oh and i love that last photo - rowan is adorable :) !! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) First Mother's Day! That shot in his crib is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a great first Mother's Day! And painting really is a workout - at least that's what I've been telling myself these last couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet!! So glad you had such a nice first Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.