Five on Friday

Well, we made it to Friday. It's been a pretty uneventful week after 3 days of staying in the house. I'm ready for the weekend and the almost 70 degree temperatures that are on their way. I also have no excuse for not going to the gym so I guess that is back on the agenda too!

Today I'm linking up again with the Christina and the Five on Friday crew, so let's get down to business.

Goodbye Snow/Rain/Ice Storm in Charleston


Like we expected, the "debilitating" snow storm they called for in Charleston didn't happen. We got some rain that turned into sleet, and woke up with a little dusting of snow and a sheet of ice over everything. When you're used to being in the North where this kind of storm would be no big deal, it's so weird to see everything shut down here. I feel so awful for those in Atlanta, we didn't get a fraction of that. 

Passing time while stuck in the house
 
DIY Heart Garland. Felt Garland.
We took advantage of the cold weather and had another fire in the fireplace. I think it's safe to say Ruby was a big fan, she basically posted up in front of it for most of the night. We started re-watching the John Adams miniseries (SO good!), played cards, and drank wine, so we had no complaints!

DIY Curtains


My curtains I made last weekend have officially managed to stay up for a week, so I think it was a success! Stay tuned for a tutorial, I know that's an incredibly exciting topic! ha!

Recent Purchase

Flared Ponte Skirt
I saw this skirt online and couldn't pass it up for $15! I guess a lot of others felt the same because most sizes are sold out now. I hope it fits because I think it would be so cute with a graphic tee or blouse while walking around Europe!! Now I just need to find some shoes that are comfortable and stylish, without completely making me look like a tourist. Anyone have any suggestions?

Super Bowl Weekend

Whether you watch for the football, the commercials, or for an excuse to eat a bunch of food (I'm all of the above), it's the last game of the year which means that Spring is on the way! I'll be making some baked chicken nachos, cupcakes and maybe some Spanakopita. Yum!

I hope you all managed to keep warm this week and have a fun weekend ahead!!

32 comments

  1. I still love that garland! Make me some, ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Atlanta we got a handful of snow/ice. It shut the city down. But just like you, I am so ready for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those curtains look fabulous! Can't wait to see the tutorial! xoxo, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for your curtain tutorial! I have been looking for curtains for a month now and can't find any I like so I finally settled on making them. Your tutorial will be just what I need because I have no idea how to make them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole week was a mess! Everyone was freaking out for nothing! Atlanta had it bad though, so sad! I can't wait to see your curtain tutorial! Maybe it's something DIY I can actually do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for the curtain tutorial because if we get the house (fingers still crossed) I'll be needing it! Happy weekend to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So impressed with your curtains- that's on my to do list so I'm looking forward to your tutorial :) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! A $15 skirt like that will sell out faster than all your blogger friends (aka myself) can jump on it. Sad day for us but happy day for you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love those curtains :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Nordstrom for their free shipping and returns! Super cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those curtains, I want to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am obsessed with that pic of ruby by the fireplace...SO CUTE. And, girlie, would you beleive that the kiddos here in Wilmy are on day 4 of snow days?! CRAZY! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that skirt! as for shoes...consider crocs. i know, weird BUT i swear by crocs when i visit europe (and walk 13+ miles/day). i dont like to wear tennis shoes when im not working out and kandee ballet crocs are my favorite, i wrote a blog post proclaiming my love for these shoes here:
    http://www.cornflakedreams.com/2011/11/croc-confession.html
    and another with international packing tips:
    http://www.cornflakedreams.com/2013/09/international-packing-tips.html
    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute curtains and am so jealous of your fireplace! Looks so cozy and inviting :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the curtains! After being stuck inside for weeks I am experiencing BAD cabin fever! I have never been more ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the garland is so cute!!!
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for homemade curtains and real fireplaces! I love that skirt too - super easy to dress up and down! Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. ugh love your skirt! and oh my goodness--I love your whole fireplace and mantel! so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your curtains look amazing! Can't wait for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those curtains look awesome!!! I def. need a sewing machine after seeing those... looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute skirt! No clue about sensible shoes since I don't think I own any besides sneakers. I love your curtains - and hopefully can make something comparable after my sewing class (or ten)! Have a great weekend. Will think of you when I am eating my baked nachos :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wouldn't pass that skirt up for $15 either! Cute cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Did you say 70 degrees?!? I'm *this close* to putting my house on the market and moving to SC! It's still ridiculously cold here.....uggg!! Enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super Bowl is this Sunday! So exciting! I am definitely watching the game for all the things you mentioned(the game, commercials, and especially the food!). Are you rooting for a specific team to win?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for homemade curtains that actually stay up!! (I always have a little doubt in my own DIY projects, too)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh love that skirt and even more for the price point! DIY before and after pics are always my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A warm fire in the fireplace is definitely the high point of the winter for me! Glad to hear Charleston didn't get hit with that crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha I loved that piece about the weather! I would GLADLY take a "snow day" that consists of a light dusting than a normal day that consists of almost a foot of snow. haha only a few more months & Charleston will be my backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Cait! It was so good to meet you and Steven at the Super Bowl party. Your red velvet cupcakes were so good! RV is my brother's favorite, so I might try that recipe for his birthday in a few months. And that skirt is super cute and you can probably dress it up with a silk blouse and chunky necklace or down with a tee like you mentioned. What's this I hear about Europe? Did I miss that convo over the weekend? Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.