Five on Friday!

Happy, happy Friday y'all!

I swear, there is nothing harder than waking up on a Friday morning when its raining and having to get out of bed for work instead of cuddle and watch movies all day.

Today I'm linking up again with Christina, April, Darci, and Natasha for some Friday favorites!

Birthday Gifts. 


I forgot to share this adorable Coach cross-body bag yesterday that my parents bought for me for my birthday. I'm obsessed with the colors and even though I can't fit my big camera in it, its perfect for everyday use and (thinking ahead) some strolls around the streets of Rome! My husband also got me Under Armour yoga pants, similar here, and they are my new favorites!

Smoothies. 

Straws from Target dollar section


I've been on a major smoothie kick now that I've been working out and eating better. I'm loving this site, which has 50 skinny smoothie recipes with under 5 ingredients. I've also been creating my own... my favorite has been what I'd say tastes like a Creamsicle. I didn't measure anything, but you can recreate it by throwing some frozen peaches and pineapple chunks, orange juice, low fat orange yogurt, and vanilla whey protein powder in a blender. It tastes like summer.

Also, I had a moment of weakness in Publix last night that steered me into the bakery section and forced me to buy chocolate chip muffins. I then proceeded to choke on the first muffin I ate, like really choke, this morning. It was as if some external forces were punishing me for purchasing them. Back to the smoothies I go!

Office Makeover.

{Via}
New Year, new project. I feel a mini office makeover coming soon... nothing drastic, but I do want to make my home office a little more interesting since I have to sit in it all day. You can see the rest of my inspiration here. I'm thinking some girly accents like a monogram or two, new gold prints, acrylic accessories, and cute storage like this rather than my boring Ikea boxes. Am I totally falling into the blogger fad of acrylic and gold accessories? Yes.

Valentine's Day Pancakes.

{Via}
You know me and my thing for holidays, so of course the moment our Christmas decor came down my brain was already fast forwarding to February. I came across this Skinny Red Velvet Pancake recipe and I'm just counting down the days until I can make it for the hubs (sans the cream cheese topping, I'm still trying to kick that muffin top). I'm not sure if he'll like it so I may need to have some boring plain pancake mix on backup but he is definitely getting heart-shaped breakfast foods. Or maybe these pizzas.

Weekend Plans.

This weekend we're doing dinner in downtown Charleston and I'm committed to finally finishing our Master Bedroom! It's been a while, I'm guessing y'all forgot I was even working on it. Hopefully I'll have some photos to share next week!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Since I was a slacker/bad blogger this week, I'm excited to catch up next week with some fun posts. See you then! :)

23 comments

  1. Those Valentine's day pancakes look incredible, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post makes me happy! Love that bag- I haven't seen it before and pink and gold inspiration is beautiful! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to make heart-shaped pancakes! Love the office decor too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute purse! I love that you choked on the muffin. It's a sign for sure! I want to tackle the red velvet pancakes now for V-day. Theo loves red velvet. Have fun tonight! Where are y'all planning on going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pancakes look amazing! If you're worried he would rather have plain pancakes then maybe just use some food coloring and still make them heart shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that purse, those colors! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you posted the smoothie site! I can't wait to try some!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually made those pancakes last weekend for my husband and (male) friend and all 3 of us LOVED them. We didn't shape them though, just did normal round ones

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those heart straws. it's so odd how something so simple/little can bring such happiness, haha, i think I might have to purchase...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your office inspiration - beautiful!! Also, I love the idea to make the pancakes pink - I always do vday pancakes but have never thought to color them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that cross body!! I told the Mr. a Coach crossbody is on my list this year ;) And thanks for the sharing the pancakes..cute idea. Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag will be perfect in Rome. Just make sure you always wear it in front of you at all times. Gypsy's are no joke and will try and take advantage of tourists! I unfortunatly saw it happen in front of my own eyes while in Florence!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll definitely have to check out those smoothie recipes and how adorable are those heart pancakes?! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday! And can't wait to see what you do with the master! I still need to finish ours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pancakes are too cute-- you'll have to let us know how they turn out! Looking forward to seeing the finished master bedroom! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday, the cross-body will be perfect for traveling! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That office makeover looks phenomenal lady!!
    And I LOVE that purse....SO cute!
    aaaaand NOW I want a smoothie!! HA!
    Happy Weekend, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your ideas for the new office space! Gold is so in right now and would make any space more cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors of the Coach purse- classy, but a pop of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.