Superbowl Menu: Baked Chicken Nachos

It's snowing teeny tiny snowflakes outside my window right now, people! I never thought I'd see it in South Carolina. I'm interested to see what the rest of today is like as I sit at my desk bundled in blankets, totally wishing it was the weekend!

We may not have Steeler-themed desserts this year, but we're still looking forward to vegging out on the couch and watching the Superbowl on Sunday. My husband and I decided its the perfect excuse to make our favorite, unhealthy snack: chicken nachos.

When we lived in Florida, we would make specific trips into Orlando to stop by the Ale House and get chicken nachos for lunch. A little extreme? Maybe. But they are that good!

This is one of the easiest recipes to put together, and it always makes way too much for 2 people, so if you're having a Superbowl party it will be perfect! Since my husband is a picky eater, we kept our toppings simple, but its really good with some chopped lettuce, guac, and sour cream on the side.


I make the chicken ahead of time in the crock pot. I just put two chicken breasts in the crock pot with some seasoning and either water or chicken broth and let it cook for about 4 hours on high. You could also add some buffalo sauce to your chicken to give it a little kick. The chicken shreds apart so easily, plus it requires very little effort. Bonus!


You have to do two layers of chicken nachos, according to my husband. That way you don't miss any of the artery-bursting goodness on this plate. We used Cheddar cheese here, but the Mexican shredded cheese mix is good and we're planning to add some Monterey Jack in the mix this Sunday. Yum!



Baked Chicken Nachos
{Serves... a lot}

Ingredients
Tortilla Chips
Chicken, precooked and shredded
Cheese, Shredded
Black Olives, diced
Tomatoes, diced 
Diced Onions, Peppers, Jalapenos, Black beans, etc.
Lettuce, Scallions, Salsa, Guac, and/or Sour Cream for garnish

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper so you don't have a big mess to clean up afterwards!

Arrange one layer of chips on parchment paper and top with half of the shredded chicken, shredded cheese, and your other favorite toppings. Repeat steps to make a second layer

Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheesy is melted and bubbly or chips are heated through. Garnish with lettuce, scallions, guac, and/or sour cream. Enjoy!

I think we needed more cheese!

What are some of your favorite snacks for the Superbowl?!

20 comments

  1. This looks delicious! We have a Super Bowl party to go to, and I just naught make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I never done nachos in the oven? Genius. Bonus points for artery bursting goodness ha. So jealous you're seeing flurries! Still waiting downtown for some action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already snowing in Summerville?? Y'all are going to get it much worse than us closer to the coast. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!! these look so good! i need to figure out something to make for Sunday. stay safe in the snow. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so yummy! We were already talking about getting a rostisserie chicken for Super Bowl so maybe I'll use the chicken to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMM! these look delish. And I'm jealous of the snow...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You read my mind! I was just talking about making Nachos in the oven last week. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm love nachos!!! EEEEEK! It's snowing here in NC!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stooooooooooop! I am staaaaaaaarving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girllllll, these nachos look delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so good that I may be stealing it! I love nachos!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These looks really good! I'm obsessed with nachos!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gimme, Gimme! We sadly no longer have a close Ale House but will drive to St. Pete for their zingers and/or those nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mom would make chicken nachos growing up and it was such a treat!
    And my husband definitely agrees with yours - chicken and cheese and that's about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I say yum! Nachos are my ultimate guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm! I haven't had nachos in forever and these sound like the perfect superbowl snack!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love nachos! So easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum those look amazing! I would totally make those for dinner without needing football ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks absolutely delicious. You take gorgeous pictures. But how were you able to shred your chicken so pretty like that :( When I do it, it looks a hot freaking mess!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.