Birthday Weekend Shenanigans

Good Morning!! I hope you all had a great weekend! Another Monday, another weekend wrap-up post. Is it just me or did this weekend fly by? It really felt like summer is coming to an end with the cooler weather we had this weekend, although I'm sure the heat will be sticking around for a few more weeks.

On Friday we celebrated my husband's birthday by mini golfing and going out to dinner. We ended up at Steel City Pizza for dinner and ate a shitload of carbs. It was fantastic, but I really need to hit the gym this week!

I always beat my husband at mini-golf so I was thinking of letting him win on his birthday but it would have been tough, he played terrible. haha! He looked cute though. I ended up beating him by 9 stokes. I don't mess around with mini-golf, yo! :)

After dinner we came home and Steve opened his gifts, which I wrapped in kraft mustache paper I found at TJ Maxx. I also made tassel garland with tissue paper. Please, please do not spend $30+ on these from Etsy... they are so easy and cheap to make! I followed this tutorial.

I also made him a birthday cake, but don't judge because the actual cake part of it was boxed. (Gasp!) I made Oreo icing from scratch though and he loved it. Its tough to spread oreo icing, FYI. The cake was followed by yummy Fall beers from Blue Moon. Loved the Harvest Pumpkin and Caramel Apple beers!



On Saturday we headed to King Street so I could get my hair cut by a Ouidad stylist (AKA curly hair expert). It turned out awesome but just a cut and color cost me almost 200 bones after tip. EEK! I had to pick my jaw up off of the counter before putting that one on the charge card.... I was planning a "Treat Yo Self" kind of week (Parks & Rec, anyone?) since I really need a mani-pedi, but change of plans thanks to that crap-ola.

This weekend I also put together a mini-scrapbook of Instagram photos from our wedding planning and the big day, as well as some keepsakes like our ceremony program, save the date, invitations, newspaper announcements, and pieces of lace from my gown. I used some gold washi tape to decorate it since I wasn't getting too crafty with this project.


I wish I would have taken more photos the week of the wedding, but we were SO busy between traying cookies, the rehearsal, welcome reception, etc. that I didn't even have time to think let alone bust out my phone for pictures. This scrapbook is really fun though if you are currently planning your wedding, remember to take photos of your seating chart, DIY projects, and such because its fun looking back at that!

Anyway since we're halfway through August and inching closer to Fall, I thought maybe if I revisited my Summer Bucket List today. Maybe it will encourage me to follow through with more of it before I start into my Fall to-do list!

End of Summer Bucket List
Try out 3 new restaurants in downtown Charleston
So far we've tried Monza which had yummy wood-fired pizza

Go to the beach
We went Folly Beach over the 4th of July weekend but have yet to go back because of busy weekends and rainy weather

Rent a kayak or paddleboard for a day
 Talked about, but haven't done yet

Visit with family
I'm checking this off because although I wasn't able to visit with my family or my husband's, we have visitors coming in September and I had fun Skype sessions with both families

Teach Ruby a new trick
I couldn't think of anything else to teach her, anyone got ideas? She knows the basics, roll over, play dead and twirl


Get a hair cut and color
Checked this off this weekend

Get serious about working out
Hip problems and other pitiful excuses have prevented me from crossing this off

Make more crock pot and healthy, balanced meals
 Doing better with this!

Visit Firefly Vodka Distillery and Irvin House Vineyards

Hasn't happened yet because its a bit of a drive but maybe in September with my family!

Keep in touch with friends
I've got to do better with this!

Buy a maxi dress
 Bought some, didn't like them so I returned them. Maybe next year...

Run a 5K
Thinking this will be more of a Fall thing...

Go golfing with Steve
Does mini-golfing count? 


Okay so my progress on this is pretty sad... but there you have it. I think I'll do better with the Fall bucket list. Anyone have goals for the summer that you're still working on??

8 comments

  1. Parks and Rec is one of my fav shows. I like to do a "Treat Yo Self" treat every week!! Love mini golf but Jordan always beats me, he is a golfer so I don't even try to win ha! That cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh man, I wish I could do a Treat Yo Self day every week! Steve is the golfer between the two of us but I always have really lucky shots during mini-golf!

      Delete
  2. aww looks like you had a great weekend!
    Your tassels turn out so pretty - thanks for sharing the link for the DIY. I'll definitely try this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely try the tassel garland, it took about 10 minutes and I think I only used like 4 sheets of tissue!

      Delete
  3. how fun! That garland is super cute, and that cake looks so delicious! How neat with your wedding scrapbook, I bet it's so fun looking back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah I love looking back at all of our wedding planning photos, you put so much effort into the planning and then its over so quick!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you guys had a good weekend! And thanks for the tutorial! I will be trying it for mu daughter's 1st bday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Kasey! It really was easy, you can totally do it! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.