A Post about Pumpkin

Happy Monday!! I hope you had a great weekend! First I want to thank you all for your kind comments and for following along on Home Sweet Ruby. I started this blog as a creative outlet and I wasn't sure how it would do, but I really love it and I just have to thank you all for the support! :)

If you've read this blog more than once, or follow me on Pinterest, you are probably aware that I have a bit of a pumpkin obsession. While I force myself to wait until September to decorate for the fall, I cheat when it comes to pumpkin-flavored foods and drinks. This weekend was no exception of course, I mean... September is only a week away!

On Saturday my husband and I took Ruby to the Farmers Market again, and my favorite booth to buy strawberry jelly had some pumpkin butter for sale which I snatched up irregardless of the fact that it was pretty expensive for a tiny jar.



My concern over the hefty $6 price tag was lost when we got home and I ate tasted this. It's like Fall on a bagel!! I'm now on the search for a good recipe so I can make some of this at home!

That afternoon I proceeded to start stripping the finish off of a Craiglist table we picked up a few weeks ago. And what DIY project would be complete without a beer, preferably of the pumpkin variety kept cold by an adorable monogrammed Florida Gator koozie?! (More on where to score yours later this week!)



We topped our weekend off with a Sunday Funday cornhole match, which of course included some more pumpkin beer and a frozen margarita... weird combination, I know. Still hanging on to that last bit of summer... ha!

So by now you're thinking we basically just ate and drank our way through the weekend, and that probably isn't too far off. On Sunday night I made pumpkin granola for the first time, and it was so good and easy to make, I had to share it with you all!


Recipe adapted from Baked Bree.

A lot of the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. In my case, I didn't have nutmeg so I cut that out and used a little bit more pumpkin pie spice!




Ingredients:
5 cups Rolled Oats
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Applesauce
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds

Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. 

In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, sliced almonds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.

In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla.

Pour the pumpkin mixture into the oat mixture and mix until everything is coated.

Spread the granola onto the parchment.

Bake for 20 minutes, then take the granola out and stir it up, breaking some of it into smaller pieces. Bake for another 20 minutes, and stir again. I then popped it back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes because I wanted the granola to have a bit of a crunch to it.



Yum! Anyone else baking with pumpkin yet? Or did you snag a fall Starbucks coffee yet??

Make sure you enter to win my first giveaway, a Halloween burlap banner!! Its easy to enter, if you are already a follower via Bloglovin, email, or Google (in the sidebar) you can get one entry! Another for following on Instagram or Pinterest! So easy! :)

18 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! It's from Haymarket Designs, I will share more about it this week!

      Delete
  2. Love love love pumpkin! I am definitely going to try that granola, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally make this granola again, its a huge hit in our house. Plus its somewhat healthy of a snack. Nevermind there is sugar in it... haha!

      Delete
  3. That pumpkin granola looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks awesome! and I love going to the Farmer's Market and being able to use "local" ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! The prices are often better on produce too than in the store, I'm hoping they sell pumpkins at the market this fall!

      Delete
  5. Pumpkin is one of my favorite things! I love fall because it means I can enjoy all of the delightful pumpkin goodies without feeling guilty. I've made granola before, but never pumpkin granola, I wil have to try that out very soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, pumpkin is good for you and so is cinnamon! Definitely give it a try! :)

      Delete
  6. I love pumpkin! Pumpkin bagels are my favorite and I always snag a lot when they come into our local bagel place! Granola looks delicious def going to make some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about the pumpkin bagels, those are really yummy! I'll have to keep my eye out for those!

      Delete
  7. Great post...Now a Pumpkin Spiced Latte..and I am geared up for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you are way ahead of the game and I LOVE it! Now I can start to make something pumpkin...and your recipe looks amazing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am, and I'm totally okay with it! The granola isn't quite as pumpkin-y as a pie or something else would be, at least that is how I'm rationalizing it! :)

      Delete
  9. I adore your DIY Style! Monogrammed koozie and a fall beer - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.