Fall Decor Project Roundup

Good morning and happy Friday!! Get ready for lots of Fall talk today. I'm linking up again with some wonderful blogs, including Christina from Carolina Charm who shared the amazing fiesta that she put together, so definitely stop by her blog to take a look!


Today I'm sharing my top 5 favorite DIY projects for this Fall. Just seeing these puts me in a good mood! I scored some burlap, chevron burlap ribbon, and other crafty things at Hobby Lobby last weekend... I kind of felt like a kid in a candy shop with all of the Fall and Christmas decor in there already! I'll probably start working on putting my own stamp on these projects this month, that way they are done in time and I can share them with you!



ONE: Halloween Stenciled Pillows

{Via}


These pillows are adorable! However, they are a little small (11x11) and I want to use them indoors, so I think I'll use a softer material than burlap. Maybe linen or duck cloth would do? I'll probably find some free stencils or pictures online and use some fabric paint to make this happen.

Update: See my DIY Halloween Silhouette Pillows here!

TWO: Fall Fireplace Mantel Decor

{Top} {Bottom}

Now that we have a fireplace mantel, I'm so excited to decorate it for the holidays. I made American flag bunting for the 4th of July, seen here, so I plan on using the leftover burlap for something like this "Give Thanks" or "Harvest" bunting. Its so cute!

THREE: More burlap bunting, Halloween Edition

{Via}
We're thinking of having a Halloween party, so I want to add some halloween colors to our Fall decor and then I'll put them away for November. I like the black and orange burlap rather than writing something on regular burlap.

Update: Check out my easy, no-sew tutorial for DIY Halloween Bunting here.

FOUR: Fall Wreath

{Via}

I've been looking all over Etsy for a grapevine wreath that I love, but I haven't found it yet so I guess I'll attempt it myself. Even on sale, the wreaths at JoAnn's are still around $30 and I know I can make it for at least half. I think I want to use the chevron burlap (see picture at end of post), some wheat and orange berries.

Update: Check out my DIY Fall Wreath here

FIVE: Painted Pumpkins

{Left} {Top Right} {Bottom Right}

I'm sure I'll probably carve at least 2 or 3 pumpkins for outside, but I do want to have something pretty like the options above for inside the house. Definitely check out each of the links I provided, the bloggers who did these are so creative!

I'm also excited to put a little bit of holiday decor in each room of the house. Even if its subtle, my mom always does that and it makes the house feel so festive and happy. Thankfully she'll be coming to visit us in a few weeks and I can get her help!

My HobLob haul from last weekend
On another note regarding Fall, we just switched to DirectTV so we can have every NFL game this year. This is awesome news because we won't have to miss any Steelers games, but guess who is going to be sitting around the TV from morning til night on Sundays??? Hint: It's not me or Ruby. haha oh well, he'll be happy!

Anyone else have some DIY and decor projects planned for this Fall?

20 comments

  1. Love this round-up of fall DIY projects.... especially the gold pumpkin!! If only the temps would drop below 100 degrees I'd get started on bedazzling my casa with fall goodness!! Hopefully soon! As of Sept. 1st, I'm decorating, regardless of how hot it is!

    So glad you joined the link-up and shared all of these fun projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darci, I'm so glad I found the link up! I'm the same way, its a so hot here still but I will be busting out my fall decor right after Labor Day regardless of the temperature! haha :)

      Delete
  2. New follower from % on Friday linkup! :)
    Every year I come up with all these fall crafts and barely get around to doing them, ha. But I am loving the Halloween stencil pillows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! :) I'm kind of the same way, that's why I'm trying to get a start early this year! I think they are easy enough I can actually accomplish them, will def share them on the blog when I do!

      Delete
  3. Cait, you're just like me. I'm so excited for fall goodness! I've already ordered and have my Halloween cards shipped to my house. Try Pier One for fall wreaths. Last year I got a beautiful one for a pretty decent price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I will check out Pier One, thanks for the suggestion! I still may attempt to make my first wreath but its good to have a backup plan haha

      Delete
  4. Love these! I have already started prepping for my fall diy, great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you try any of these, I'd love to see how they come out! :)

      Delete
  5. Goodness. I am ready for Fall. It has been miserable hot in South La.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh same here, its so humid here! I hate to rush through summer before I have much of a tan, but a little cooler weather would be nice!

      Delete
  6. This post gets me soooo excited for all things Fall! I love decorating for the holidays :) So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks for stopping by!! I love decorating too! The worst is taking it all down after the holidays because it looks so empty!

      Delete
  7. Stoppin by from the link-up! So happy I did, your blog is so cute and like everyone else, i LOVE fall and all these projects are so fun and seem pretty do-able! HAppy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brett, thanks so much I really appreciate it!! :) I tried not to take on too much with complicated projects, I will definitely share how I did them in the next few weeks!

      Delete
  8. Love the bunting. If only I had a mantel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm sure you can find somewhere to hang some bunting! Maybe along a tv stand or entryway table? Last year I hung Christmas lights along our kitchen counter/bar and they looked festive without being totally in the way.

      Delete
  9. I love the bunting for the fireplace!! What a great idea for the holidays! All of these fall decorations are so cute. I love the idea of painting pumpkins rather than trying to carve them. They never last outside and end up being covered in bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally! I agree, painting is a lot easier! Although I have this thing about carving complicated things into the pumpkin so I'm sure I'll give myself more work again this year.. haha! I read (on Pinterest of course) that you can put Vaseline on the inside of the carved pumpkins so they don't shrivel, so I might give that a try this year.

      Delete
  10. I love all of this Fall talk!!! :) We painted our pumpkins last year and they looked awesome--not to mention, they lasted all the way through Thanksgiving! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! That is awesome that your pumpkins lasted so long! I hate having to throw them away after Halloween is over. Painting them is definitely less messy too!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.