Our Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's so hard getting back into the swing of things after a long break from work. And lets not even get into the amount of food I shoved in my face. Not sorry about eating these cookies though. Not one bit.


This year we hosted Thankgiving and my parents made the long drive to spend the weekend with us. It was so special having them here for Rowan's first Thanksgiving! It was also fun having my Mom here to show me how she makes all of my favorite dishes. And as a bonus for having a small crowd at home, I didn't really have to change out of anything besides my fat pants.

While our Thanksgiving was filled with lots of love, laughs and gratitude for our wonderful family and friends, we unfortunately had some sad and unexpected news with my grandma's health. I cannot wait to visit and wrap my arms around her in a few weeks. 

LOTS of leftovers!


Rowan was a champ with his first taste of Thanksgiving foods! He is definitely my child because he loved the small bites we gave him of pumpkin pie. Though I was shocked he gagged at mashed potatoes. Not sure what that is all about!


This photo was taken just seconds before R lunged for the ornaments. I cannot imagine how hectic its about to get with a live Christmas tree! Because yes we're totally putting up two :) He is cutting several teeth so having his Grandma here to help was critical to saving at least some of my sanity. And the wine, that helped too.

And now I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping online! Share some of your favorite deals!!

10 comments

  1. wowzahhhh so much food!! :) I'm glad you guys had fun with your parents and that Rowan got to try some new food (Violet liked pumpkin pie too!) I hope your grandma's health improves soon and I'm happy you get to see her in a few weeks. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food! Spencer hated mashed potatoes, too! There were a lot of new flavors for his little tastebuds, and he was a champ, but he especially enjoyed cranberry relish, which I thought was hilarious! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great spread! And those cookies are so fun! Love the pics of Rowan too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww that picture of him with the turkey just melted my heart! What a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rowan looks so adorable!!! Love the little look on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to host a Thanksgiving one day at my house so I get to have all the leftovers! YUM! Rowan is a champ with the food. P would not eat ONE DAMN THING. So frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture of R with the turkey! Cutest thing ever! So sorry to hear about your grandma - it's so hard to watch them get older :( Glad you'll get to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Thanksgiving looked so pretty! That's a fancy looking pumpkin pie too! Rowan needs to get over that distaste for mashed potatoes! He doesn't know what he's missing!
    Ally- Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect first Thanksgiving for Rowan! Christmas trees and babies can go either way! So far both my boys have been pretty good about them through the years but the tree in our family room gets only non-breakable ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet first Thanksgiving with Rowan! Sorry to hear about your grandma - hope she gets better!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.