It Takes a Village

Being a mom is hard work.

I know I'm just stating the obvious here but since the very beginning of my pregnancy I think I underestimated the endless worry, sleepless nights, and most of all, the amount of love you can have for one tiny human being. How seeing him smile, crawl, and cuddle into your neck makes you completely forget that he just spit up all over you or gave you approximately 4 hours of sleep last night. 

Photo by Shannon Michele Photography

I was the first of my group of friends to have a baby so I had no one to ask about random pregnancy pains or what you really need on a registry.

Sometimes you just need to know you're not the only one dealing with two ear infections in a month and teething all at the same time.

Sometimes you need someone to say "been there, try saline before the nose frida!" Or just to agree, mom to mom, how bad it sucks (literally). Someone to remind me not to hate daycare for exposing Rowan to germs, and be thankful that its building his immune system.

Someone to encourage you to have that glass of wine at the end of the day because you deserve that glass of deliciousness. 

I honestly would have felt totally in the dark if it weren't for Stephanie and Laura being so sweet and reaching out to me, lending an ear, and throwing any and all advice they have my way. I'm sure they totally regretted offering when I text them endless first-time mom questions!

And with Jillian's baby girl just a month younger than Rowan, its been so great sharing all of these new, crazy, and fun experiences with a friend.

I know there are tons of mamas I'm not mentioning who have shared advice or just gave a collective "Amen" when I complained about the 4-month sleep regression. It really does take a village to help mentally and physically (thank you nursing mama friends!) navigate the world of Motherhood. So thank you ladies.

If you're expecting or a new mama, please don't hesitate to reach out! I may not know what the heck I'm talking about, but I can guarantee my kid also took his crazy pills at least once this week.

Because let's face it, men just don't understand our postpartum hair loss woes.

8 comments

  1. Oh you know LP and I never regret it! I love doing this crazy journey with you two xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you mama. You're so lucky to have such a great tribe. Hang in there! Oh and speaking of postpartum hair loss, mine is finally starting to come back in! Now I have a bunch of tiny, annoying hairs all around my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone mama. The daycare germs are the worst!! We've been through 4 rounds of antibiotics for ear infections (and finally had to get tubes put in). And yes to the pp hair loss woes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I am so grateful for YOU! Cannot wait for our meet in person trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to join this trip y'all are taking! I'm so thankful for you and Jillian and ofcourse my BFF Google, which I should probably stay away from more often, to help me through these tough weeks! Being a mom is so freakin hard and to know you aren't alone and someone else has experienced what you're going through makes you feel normal! Now when does this PP hair loss start?! I totally forgot that's going to happen!! Ugh!!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! So excited to be a Mama but have my moments of "ohhh my gosh!" I know we're all in it together but this was a nice reminder :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture and post. Definitely want to save this for a day down the road... I'm sure Ill need to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having friends to help navigate mamahood must be so helpful! Thank goodness for blogging, right!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.