Mama + Mini Cold Weather Style

Okay I admit that 90% of the time the outfit selections for Rowan and I do not coordinate whatsoever. Ain't nobody got time for that.

But Rowan is looking more and more like his Daddy lately so I do what I can to make sure people know he belongs to this curly-haired mama.

And when it comes to family photos or any type of outing where I know we'll be taking a lot of photos I usually make an attempt to coordinate. I start by picking his outfit and then I blend in somewhere in the background with a solid blouse or something I've settled on because I hate everything in my closet. #firstworldprobs

One of my favorite outfits to date? This cute little ensemble Rowan wore for our family photos this past weekend. I cannot even wait to see the photos, he was such a little stud!

Vest. Button Down. Jeans. Moccs.

In case you missed it on Snapchat (follow me at HomeSweetRuby), I wore an emerald green blouse (similar here) with skinny jeans and my favorite booties. My husband sported a navy and white check button down underneath a grey half zip sweater. All the heart eyes for my boys.

Another combo that is easy to coordinate with is buffalo plaid. It's everywhere in the stores this Fall, I'm basically counting down the days until I can put this trapper hat on R.

Button Down (old from J. Crew Factory, similar here and here). Trapper Hat (Similar).

Also love this buffalo plaid scarf for mama!

And finally, my most favorite Fall and Winter color ever. Merlot.
TunicSweater Dress. Jeans. Leggings. Hat.

Loft is killing it in the merlot clothing department, FYI. I'm just waiting for all of these to come in the mail because... online shopping problems. I had way too much fun shopping Zara's baby selection... Lord help me if I ever find myself in the actual store! Also, obsessed with this Slouch Headwear beanie for Rowan!

P.S. Girl mamas- if you're still reading this make sure to check out the new collection from Willow Crowns when it drops on November 3rd! Megan posted a sneak peek and I spy some pretty merlot pieces!!

Anyone else coordinate with your mini? I know its tougher for boy mamas but can be super cute for photo ops!

12 comments

  1. Awww I love these cute matchy outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Can't wait to see your family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love matching with my son, though at 3 I don't think it will last for much longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about matching!! I'm still in denial that P won't let me put any accessories in her hair anymore :( (Cue the ugly cry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop it!!! Sooo cute!! I bought vests for the boys but they won't wear them :( Well Miller won't at least. I need to get those moccs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the matching as well! My daughter and I coordinate on a daily basis. But that's mostly because I love the jewel tones this fall as well - merlot, emerald, dark blue. I bought a bunch for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really had so much fun dressing my boy! There are so many cute choices for baby boys now and I'm loving him in plaid and buffalo check shirts this fall! I wore a merlot type color tunic in our photos and Cam wore a similar color buffalo check button up! I was afraid it was going to look too matchy matchy, but I love the way our outfits blended!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These outfits are so perfect! I'm with you on the online shopping problems... shop, checkout, & then (im)patiently stalk tracking numbers until your packages arrive. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all of this! I will be all about a good momma and mini when I have one someday :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I am loving burgundy too right now... need to incorporate some into my closet!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.