Happy October!

Bring on the Halloween candy and Fall festiveness! I'm not crazy about Halloween itself (though I know it will be infinitely more fun with our little babe next year) but I just love this time of year.

I've finally unpacked my sweaters, worn my leggings, and put some pumpkins around the house. I've still got some decorating to do but I'm learning that will be a process as this belly grows!

Garvin & Co. Print
Ruby photobomb

I decided to go more simple with decor this year and I'm loving the subtle chevron print on the pumpkin I picked up from where else but Target.


We've got a busy October and a lot to look forward to in November (hello Thanksgiving food, maternity photos, and baby shower!). We're heading to Florida and playing tourist with some visitors here in Charleston, complete with a trip to Boone Hall Plantation. We'll also head to Asheville to see the mountains in all their Fall-colored glory, hitting up an orchard along the way. Mama needs some apples for all of that baking I plan on doing!


Still not sure what to do with all this space on our new table! Anyone have some ideas? Keep the baskets?

There may not be any pumpkin beer for me this year, but I'm easily filling the void with pumpkin flavored sweets starting with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola bars. They are the perfect amount of sweet and chewy. Plus if there is oatmeal in them, that makes them kind of healthy... right?

I baked them just in time to cuddle and watch the first of many Hocus Pocus showings. Now all we need is a dip in temps so we can use our pretty fireplace again!


If you're looking for a good Fall project or recipe, make sure to check out my Fall wreath, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin biscotti from last year! Hopefully I can get around to baking them again and fixing those ugly pictures, eek!

34 comments

  1. Love the subtle fall decorations on your mantle!! And yes keep the baskets, we have the exact same ones from World Market and they've ended up being the perfect thing for random nicknacks when we're cleaning up the house - cookbooks, stationary, spare phone chargers, ect. It's nice to have some type of hidden storage on open shelving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are awesome, I love how simple they are - just beautiful! Looks like you have a fun couple of months and I need to try those granola bars - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for October! You've definitely got a busy couple of months ahead of you! Loving the mantle and your fall decor.. I think subtle is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle is so pretty! Love the simple decorations - guess I need to go check out Target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously loving all your fall decor! I need to decorate for fall but it still doesn't feel like fall down here. Love the chevron pumpkin too... I'm going to have to see if they have that at my Target!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the decor. And you just made me so excited to bust out the leggings with cozy socks!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of halloween, either. But I am loving October! I really need to unpack my fall/winter clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simple yet classy fall decor! Fall is my most favorite time. The table is gorgeous and I love the baskets. Maybe put some blankets in them or on the other shelf. I love using visible storage for blankets. It makes me feel instantly cozy when I see it. Just an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your decorations look awesome! I love what you've done with the fireplace mantel. For your console table, check out Honey were Home's blog for cute ways she has styled one similar from World Market. And you know how obsessed I am with Mom's On Call??? I'm so happy you are reading it. You will love it. Pick it up again once you're baby is about a month old and so much of it will all click with you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decor looks great! I love the chevron. I finally got all my winter stuff out too :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need that chevron pumpkin. This is also my favorite time of year and I love fall decorations. Now that it is October and I can finally start decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yahh! you have so many fun plans coming up!! and i love your fall decorations. I'd put some frames on that table :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so fabulous! This time of the year is always my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm jealous you're going to Asheville! I'm also jealous Ruby poses for the camera. As soon as my pull my phone out to take a pic of Pixie she looks the other way. Your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my...your mantle is too cute! And I just adore a good Ruby photobomb!!! Can you swing by Richmond and decorate for me - thanks, see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your simple mantle decor, and Ruby of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely love your mantle - its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shot of Ruby and your decor! Love your mantle too. I definitely want to keep it simpler this year too. Loving the new console table! And I think those baskets are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually love understated decor for holidays, so I think everything you have done looks perfect! I love Fall, but I'm also not really a Halloween fan, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your simple, yet super cute decor...and yes, I do believe you will become a bit more crazy about Halloween once your little is here! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asheville will be gorgeous in the fall! Love the chevron pumpkin but I know Miss Kitty would take one look at that and it'd be a gonner ha. Cute decor!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your mantel! Seriously I would want to decorate it every month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ruby is so adorable!! I was so excited to get all of my fall decor out of boxes last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving all the decor. I feel the same way about October love the season not so much the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the table and I think the baskets look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. <3 Your decor is super cute!!! I love simple decor a ton! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. this post makes me feel so cozy! love the decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing pictures and happy October. I am seeing some pretty impressive decorations around already.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such cute decor!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your fall decor is so cute! I think you should keep the baskets--they look cute and will be great for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your fireplace is so adorable! Love all your Fall touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your fall decor! I'm going to need to try those pumpkin granola bars. Yum. I'm skipping fall decorating this year and going straight to Christmas come November. I'm too pregnant to decorate and take it all down just to decorate again!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.