Weekend in Photos

This weekend flew by so fast, I really wish we had an extra day off today. After lots of sightseeing with our guests, way too much food, and some epic games of Cranium... this mama definitely needs a day of detoxing and a nap!

We had so much fun with my sister-in-law and her fiance visiting so many beautiful spots in Charleston that we hadn't seen before. We visited places where they filmed the Notebook and even got in the car of a completely random woman who wanted to take us on a tour of the city. Turns out she was a private tour guide in Charleston so we got a free 20 minute tour from a speed talking, sweet old lady before we asked her to drop us off at Rainbow Row.

We headed to the Calhoun Mansion first, which is where some of the scenes from the Notebook were filmed. The house is absolutely amazing and filled to the brim with antiques, ornate chandeliers, and gold finishes. We couldn't take photos inside but it was a great tour and I definitely recommend!


The weather was absolutely perfect so we headed to the Battery and Rainbow Row next for some photo ops.

Whoa belly! Rowan must have really enjoyed all the Southern food I was eating this weekend!
We ate at one of our favorites, Poogan's Porch for dinner and brunch over the course of the weekend. The guys just couldn't say no to the chicken and waffles. I had the pimento cheese ravioli and scallops for dinner... oh so delicious!

 
We also stopped by Boone Hall Plantation, which was definitely a must-see if you're in the area. The Avenue of the Oaks is so gorgeous! We toured the house (not that exciting of a tour, but still worth it since its included in your ticket price) and the plantation itself.





Of course we also hit up the Old Market and then King Street for some Jeni's Ice Cream. I'm pretty sure we all gained about 15 pounds over the weekend and we don't regret it one bit.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Don't forget to link up some Halloween festiveness tomorrow!

20 comments

  1. And now I'm dying to come back to Charleston! Such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos! I swear someday Charleston will be a place I visit...also, I am SO intrigued by pimiento stuffed raviolis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Charleston looks amazing! I really need to go some day! And that pimento cheese ravioli.... OMG yum!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to visit Charleston! Sounds like a great weekend! Sometimes it's nice to play tourist in your own city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visited Charleston many times, but never visited the Calhoun Mansion! Now, I have an excuse to share with Mr. Walker!! Oh, and those stuffed raviolis looked absolutely divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pictures! How fun you went to the Notebook location. Love it! Wish weekends were just 1 day longer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun weekend and Poogan's Porch is just one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston!! I can't wait to go back - your pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures!!! Now I want to go visit Charleston!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty its not even funny! Love the cotton and moss shots! Glad you guys had a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful pictures, scallops and ravioli sounds so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wondered where those trees were at in Charleston & now I know! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pictures! Sounds like y'all had a great weekend exploring Charleston & perfect weather to go along with it. I've never been to Poogan's Porch but I might be adding that to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great weekend with family, looks like a fun time. Look at your BELLY! So cute, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great weekend. It's funny how one day the belly just decides to grow. I've been experiencing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang it - you went and had the scallops :( I still want to try them! Love Boone Hall. Y'all will have to visit Charles Towne Landing next. There are tons of gorgeous oaks and walking trails (it's where we got married). Such a fun weekend! PS I want that cotton pic framed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun weekend! Charleston is so beautiful! I can't wait to visit someday!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool about the notebook sites! My son's name is Noah... Need I say more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED visiting Boone Hall a few years ago - so beautiful! That dinner from Poogan's - oh my! And how cute are you with that bump....love! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun! You got some great photos. Those scallops and raviolli look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. boone hall is so pretty! im glad you got your scallops!!! im excited about our brunch date ;) xo jillian

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.