24 Weeks

Feeling rather LARGE all of a sudden!

How far along: 24 weeks... It's so hard to believe we're at the 6 month mark!

Size of Baby: Apparently he is as long as an Ear of Corn and over a pound and a half

Gender: all blue!

Best moment this week: Finishing the registries (THANK YOU all for your help!) and seeing the baby shower invitation was definitely a highlight! My Mom picked them out on Etsy and I love them! Perfect for a Fall baby shower/pumpkin-obsessed mama like me.

Little Pumpkin Invitation.
(We changed the wording a bit and made a font change, the seller was so easy to work with!)

Weight gain: +15 lbs. total

Maternity clothes: Mixing and matching. I've been wearing my flannel button downs with a tank underneath since I can't button them

Stretch marks: None yet but it seems like my belly is growing fast all of a sudden so I'm being really diligent about applying my Mama Bee's belly butter

Belly button in or out: In but getting flatter by the day. Also of note... that belly button piercing I got at age 16 and hoped would close a few years ago is looking super stretched. Ew.

Wedding Rings on or off: On

Sleep: Not good. I cannot seem to get comfortable no matter what I do which does not bode well for the future as I get bigger!

Miss anything: Sleeping through the night... The urge to pee has come back with a vengeance.

Movement: Lots of big movements lately! He's really active in the afternoon while I'm working at my desk. I also think he is a night owl like his mama, I get the strongest kicks when I get into bed. Lets just hope the night owl thing changes once he makes his debut!

Cravings: You mean aside from eating all of the peanut m 'n ms that were supposed to be for trick-or-treaters?

Symptoms: Much to my dismay, I think the linea negra is beginning to make its appearance. Also new since the last bumpdate are some back pain and tingling in my hand (which the doc said is common depending on where the baby is sitting). Overall though, the second trimester is treating me well and I'm loving it!

Nursery: We've been super busy so not much progress since my last update, other than the glider purchase! It was supposed to be in this week but unfortunately the truck broke down (UGH!) so we may not get it until Thanksgiving since its being shipped to the store near where my parents live.

Looking forward to: Definitely Asheville this weekend with my parents and some real Fall weather! I have a few cute outfits I've been wanting to sport but it hasn't been cold enough yet.

21 comments

  1. Hooray for finishing your registry and for an upcoming shower! So fun. You look great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those invites are sooo cute! Yay for completing the registry.. now the fun begins while you watch it and see what people are buying :) I was so bad about that during wedding planning! Hope you can get some comfy sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those invitations are so cute! They're perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, very cute invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE those invitations! they are perfect :) have the best time in asheville and dont worry the rocker will get here soon! xo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Invitations are precious! Too bad you can't drink in Asheville! Definitely a place on my to-go list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet getting the registry finished was a huge sigh of relief! Love your invites :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing girl! We are headed to the mountains weekend as well. Renting a cabin about an hour from Asheville. I highly recommend early girl eatery and make a reservation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! You are amazing!!! Have fun in Asheville this weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute invitations! Have fun in Asheville!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable invites. Have such a fun time in Asheville - it's going to be gorgeous this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bump is adorable! And love those shower invites! Have a fun weekend! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look adorable! Enjoy Asheville, you could not have picked a better time to visit! White Duck Taco is delicious + perfect for a quick/casual lunch, Early Girl Eatery is our favorite breakfast spot {best biscuits + gravy and shrimp + grits} and Curate {chorizo potato chips} is so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look adorable!! Love that bump! I also love those shower invitations

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable!! I don't buy Halloween candy until the very last minute because I know I will eat it all. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You wandered over and you are looking fabulous! And that baby shower invite is much too adorable! I'm pregnant with #2 right now and so ready to be feeling better and showing off a big bump!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! 6th months already?! Love following along. Thanks for the fun updates!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking lovely. Such a cute invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking great girl- love the movements comment! The shower invites are so super cute, way to go Mom! (and uhoh, I have a stupid old piercing there I got at 18 too...ughh) Happy weekend love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH darling those invitations are the cutest ever. I hate you're not sleeping well, have you looked into those huuugggeee pregnancy pillows you can? All of my prego friends used them and they said it helped a TON

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those invites really are so sweet! & you look so great!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.