Asheville Recap

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! As I try to catch up on life after a busy couple of weeks, I've got a quick recap of our Asheville trip! The weather could not have been more perfect, the leaves more beautiful, or the company any better.

I'm warning you, this is going to be total picture overload. I just can't help it with the gorgeous mountain views we had!

We actually stayed about 40 minutes outside of downtown Asheville at the Laurel View Lodge in Maggie Valley. It was a bit of a treacherous drive up the one lane, winding mountain roads, but it was worth it for the cabin amenities and the view!

View from the front door
The cabin had a hot tub (which I sadly could not use), gas fireplace, a pool table, comfy beds, and lots of space. It was also great if you bring your dog because the deck had a gate so Ruby could walk around without us worrying she would go down the steps.

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Fall! I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to get there with any kind of wintery weather.

We headed out to the Blue Ridge Parkway on Friday to see the fall colors and this gorgeous view. This is the view from Waterrock Knob, one of the many lookout points along the parkway.

We took a day trip to Asheville and hit up as many spots as possible, starting with Early Girl Eatery for brunch. I had their green tomato omelet special, it was so delicious! Though since everything is straight from the farm, I had to pass on the feta cheese. Boo!

After stopping at Three Dog Bakery and getting Ruby some treats, we headed to Wicked Weed Brewery. My parents and my husband really enjoyed the beer, I was pretty jealous of their pumpkin and caramel apple beers.

We also grabbed some tacos to go from White Duck Taco. They were the perfect snack later at the cabin. The Thai Peanut Chicken taco was my favorite!


I'm so sad that the weekend is over already, I miss having my hot apple cider and breakfast on this deck! It was such a great weekend away with my husband and my parents, but now we're back to the reality of Monday... work, an empty fridge, and 6 loads of laundry. Lovely!

27 comments

  1. This post makes me so excited for our trip in December!! Your cabin looks so cozy! Definitely going to hit up the Early Girl Eatery when I go and of course Wicked Weed because Theo won't stop talking about it! You know we have a White Duck Taco on James Island now. You've got to frame that pic of you, Ruby and Steve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cait - this weekend looks divine and SO FALLish! I love it! What great weather you seemed to have! And little Ruby looks as cute as ever. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been and it looks like something I would just die over! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pictures. Looks like a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks so beautiful there! What a great little getaway! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view is stunning such a perfect time of year to be in the mountains. Caramel Apple Beer...sounds incredible

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that view is absolutely incredible!! What a fun weekend getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like SUCH a beautiful place! i really need to take a trip there -- i've never been! and bummmmer about the feta but it sounds like you got other good stuff! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful weekend! I definitely want to take a trip up to Asheville soon! How long did it take you to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so beautiful! Nothing beats fall in the mountains -- just stunning!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww this reminded me of our anniversary trip to Gaitlinburg, TN! Asheville looks just as beautiful! Now I need to get my butt in gear and write my recap posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this looks like the perfect fall getaway for sure! Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you'd have gorgeous scenery, but it is even more pretty in your pics! What a fun weekend. Totally want to stay at that house soon now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg those views!! I LOVE the mountains in the fall, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I've ever spent any time in the mountains but this is really making me want to change that! Those views are amazing... especially with the leaves starting to change colors, so beautiful! Glad you guys had a good getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like so much fun, and you got great pictures too! Jealous of your getaway!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gal, those pictures are gorgeous!! What a beautiful weekend. I love the way you styled your quilted puffer vest you little pregnant mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty pictures and scenery! Sounds like such a fun weekend! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous location!! Sounds like a great weekend! At least you got some good food to make up for missing the pumpkin beer

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's my hometown!!! If you ever need more recs let me know! Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pics! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!!

    http://www.MissKayElle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous place! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cabin and the views are beautiful! Looks like a great place to relax.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun getaway! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.