Visitors and Wine Slushies Ahead!

Happy Friday and happy last official week of summer! As usual, I'm thinking up with some wonderful ladies including Christina from Carolina Charm for some Friday favorites!  

I'm so excited for this weekend! Make sure to follow me on Instagram to see what crazy business we're getting into!

ONE: My parents are coming to visit!


I've mentioned before that I'm really missing having my family and friends around since we've moved to SC, and when we were in Florida for that matter. I'm really excited to do some touristy things with them and spend time with them that doesn't involve unpacking hundreds of boxes like the last time they visited! My aunt and uncle will be here too so we'll have a full house next week but it will be fun!

TWO: Fall TV Shows

{via}


I'm not one to sit around in front of the TV all day but I do look forward to all of my favorite fall shows starting again, Tim Gunn and Project Runway just don't cut it anymore! The New Girl, Boardwalk Empire, Parks & Rec, Grey's Anatomy, and Modern Family are our favorites. We also started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia again after we took a season off because it was getting dumb. I guess it does sound like we sit around in front of the TV a lot... ha!

THREE: Progress on fall projects!



I started working on the Halloween pillows I told you all I was going to try to make this year, and my mom is bringing her sewing machine so she is going to teach me how to actually make a pillow... this should be interesting! Stay tuned to see how they come out and a tutorial if I don't totally botch them!

FOUR: Wine Slushies!


One of my fabulous girlfriends from DC sent me these mixes from one of our favorite wineries in VA... yay! These wine slushies end up being similar to the frozen individual packages you can buy at Walmart or the grocery store, but you make them with whatever type of wine you like. What a perfect weekend to make them with my family and to help officially bid adieu to summer!

FIVE: 3-Day weekend

I'm taking off Monday from work so I can have an extra day to hang with my family, rather than sit at the computer working the whole time they are here! Cheers to that!

My not so favorite moment(s) from this week...

Cleaning like a boss before my family gets here. Why do we feel its acceptable to live in this unorganized filth 95% of the time??!! We've done 5 loads of laundry in 2 days too.. what the?! Okay, okay its not that bad, but our place definitely needed some TLC before they all get here!

That's it for me this week... on the agenda for the end of the month is some more fall goodness and our DIY headboard. Can't wait to share it with you all! I hope you all have a great weekend!

15 comments

  1. Seriously the entire time growing up my moms house was spotless 100% of the time. How come I didn't inherit this gene?? I don't even notice messes until its time for visitors then I'm frantic cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love a good wine slushy!! The winery that I frequent has an excellent slushy kit as well!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum! There is something about drinking the wine slushies at the actualy winery.. but this kit will have to do! :)

      Delete
  3. Have a great weekend with your parents! I enjoy having visitors because it makes me clean like a crazy person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! This place is spotless, in fact I told my husband not to touch anything.. haha!

      Delete
  4. Wine slushies sound so good!! As much as I hate cleaning and getting the house ready for visitors it's always so much fun having a full house! But I'm always happy when it's time for them to go home too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! Its kind of exhausting but I love having guests anyway!

      Delete
  5. I've never had a wine slushie... But it sounds wonderful!!! Have a great weekend with your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine slushie?!?! I wish I would have heard about this sooner! ;) Sounds yummy...and dangerous! Haha

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend with your family! :) Those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, wine slushies?! I'm so on it! I live in Northern Virginia, outside DC, and will have to look for those now. Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see how the pillows turn out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillows are going to be cute! I can't wait to see them.

    I, too, find when my family comes to visit (they live about 6 hours away), I am cleaning like a mad woman for DAYS! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when my family comes to visit! I hope you have a great time with your parents! Btw, that wedding pic is GORGEOUS!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So ready for new girl to come back!!!


    Steph
    Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wine Slushies are the best! I'm so excited you get to spend a wonderful weekend with your family :-) Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.