Weekend in Pictures

Remember when I mentioned this being the last official week of summer? Well, the Lowcountry reminded us of that this weekend with 90 degree temperatures, lots of humidity, and no breeze. Ew. So much for it almost being fall!

On Friday I mentioned my family was coming to visit and we've had a fantastic time with our company so far, despite the hot weather. Its times like this that I realize how thankful I am. Thankful for my amazing parents, family, and husband. Thankful for our little life we've started together here with Ruby. Even for the little bit of summer that doesn't seem to want to go away. I would also be thankful if some of the stores could get some damn real pumpkins 'round here... k, thanks!

After work on Friday, I had a "Treat Yo Self" kind of night with a mani-pedi and pumpkin cupcakes. It was nice after a long week of work and cleaning!

To be honest, the rest of the weekend was basically a shitload of eating and drinking. No complaints here except that I need to hit the gym STAT because my clothes are starting to get tight. Thank God I wear yoga pants to work... Although my husband warned me that even yoga pants can get too small. Think he is trying to tell me something?!

On Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market and  our guests arrived and we played some intense cornhole games and grilled out for dinner.

These were the only pumpkins I could find, and no one knew who was selling them! Unbelievable, right?! I know... ha!


My parents remembered my affinity for pumpkin beer and brought this case for us. Hells.yes.



We went to Slightly North of Broad for dinner in downtown Charleston on Sunday. It was very good, but a little pricey and fancy for our crowd. Ha! I wish I could take all of their cornbread and just continually eat it for days... Don't judge, it was phenomenal.

Monday I requested off from my 9-5 and we headed out to Fort Sumter. 



We followed that up with wine slushies, a shrimp boil, and lots of beer as the Steelers game turned into... well, crap. 

This week we're getting started on our DIY headboard and making my Halloween pillows, so I am excited to get those going and share them with you all! Make sure to follow on Instagram for sneak peaks! I'll also have some Fall decor posts planned, but I've been waiting so I don't have to spend a hundred bones on fake pumpkins.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! And on a sad note, please keep those families of loved ones killed, the service members, and those who were forced to shelter in place yesterday at the Navy Yard in your thoughts and prayers. I know I will.

4 comments

  1. I love pumpkin beer!! I'll have to try Saranac. Low country boil and beer always go well together! Looks like it was a fun weekend with your rents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fall goodness! Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time were y'all at the Farmers Market on Saturday? We were there like 9:30-10:30 and uhhh I got roped into participating in the breakdancing show. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.