Fall Bucket List

Happy Monday everyone! I don't know where the heck this weekend went, but if it could come back and give me at least one more day, I'd really appreciate it... k, thanks!

I was fighting a headache all weekend so we didn't do a whole lot. One good thing about staying in was that we got to enjoy football and the Boardwalk Empire season premiere! Although we had a terrible weekend for sports in this household, with the Gators, Steelers, and Pirates all losing. Ugh!

This was also one of those weekends where we felt pretty productive but we didn't actually finish anything we were working on. Have you ever had one of those weekends? As a compulsive to-do list maker, I need to cross things off my list!

Dining Table & Chairs- primed but not painted or waxed. Wood Monogram- ran out of white spray paint, stay tuned for where I'm using this! Chair seat covers- actually those are done after I used a shitload of staples on those babies! Quatrefoil Mirror- Scored this bad boy for $35 and I sprayed it silver but its still all taped up because I feel like I'm going to change my mind on the color...



We've got family coming to visit us this weekend which is going to keep me busy this week cleaning and finishing my Fall decorating. I'm so excited to see them!! I'm also looking forward to having their help with things around the house... I gave my parents a really random list of items to bring with them, including a jig saw (for our DIY headboard), a sewing machine (for my Halloween pillows, inspiration seen here), and the random assortment of items my mom picked up at Ikea for our master bedroom.

Anyway, that gives you a small glimpse of some posts I have planned! And since we all know I like lists and the Fall, I'm combining them into a bucket list of things I want to do before Thanksgiving! (Clearly a whole separate bucket list is necessary for Christmastime!) Hopefully I will do better crossing things off of this list than I was for my summer to-do list!

Visit a pumpkin patch
Carve pumpkins
Bake with pumpkin
Run a 5K
Visit new restaurants
Relax at a bonfire
Throw a Halloween party
Take photos, lots of photos
Drink hot apple cider, mulled wine, and "Apple Pie"
Make wooden tombstones for our outdoor Halloween decor
Go on a picnic
Finish redoing dining table and chairs
Visit a plantation
Try every pumpkin beer I can find
Get new boots
Roast pumpkin seeds
Give out candy to trick-or-treaters
Finishing redoing master bedroom
Make Halloween pillows
 Share fall decor and projects on blog
Help family prepare Thanksgiving dinner
 Soak in and be thankful for every moment with family and friends

So there you have it! I'll be sharing more budget-friendly fall decor ideas with you all in the next few weeks, but for now, here is our little entryway that I fixed up this weekend.


I made that burlap table runner with the leftover material from this project so it was a cheap update! The hurricane vases are from Joann's, which I got with 40% off coupons, and the leaves and pine cones were all cheap finds at Hobby Lobby.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Do any of you have a Fall bucket list? Am I missing anything good?

8 comments

  1. My team lost this weekend, too. :( Not cool. Yesterday was definitely a day of crossing things off of our to-do list: he spent all day working in the yard, I spent all day cleaning the house top to bottom. So glad that's done! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, ok, you've inspired me to get my fall decor going! And maybe I might streak some of your fall To Do items too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entry is so pretty, I love the burlap and the fall leaves! Your Fall bucket list sounds pretty awesome too! I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Fall decor!! and can't wait to see these projects all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall bucket list - I like this concept! I want to make a killer apple pie or crumble. Apple picking is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those chairs are beautiful! I can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm so ready to get them done to be honest! This was a huge project.. will definitely share asap!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.