BANANAS

Bear with me while a freak out a little right now.

My husband comes home today and my week of solo parenting a crazed toddler who learned to climb on everything and poop every other hour is finally coming to an end. (TMI?)

You might be thinking I lost my mind, that solo parenting one toddler isn't that tough. But honestly I don't know how single parents and military families do it! I've been lucky if I get to finish my cold morning coffee.


Shit hasn't been entirely bananas though. Despite the increasing stress caused by a child suddenly climbing on tv stands, couches, and having Inspector Gadget-like arms that reach every single thing on our countertops, he's mostly been a joy to be around.

One of the highlights? He's starting to understand the concept of a "boo-boo" after skinning his knees outside under mom's watch. I say "starting to" because we're still working on manners, as you'll see in a minute...

I've gotten countless kisses on my knees (which apparently also have boo-boos) and he lovingly rested his Mickey Mouse balloon on my "boo-boos" on multiple occasions. Because balloons cure everything, right? And finally, as we were reading at bedtime he looks up at me with the sweetest face... studying me in silence...  and confidently says "boo-boo" while pointing to a zit on my forehead.

I think its safe to say confidence boosting isn't on his toddler resume, but I'll get him back in his teenage years.

5 comments

  1. hahah aw rowan what a sweetheart! haha! i'm glad steve is coming back home soon! xo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Bless him (and you!) I hope you get some time to yourself with a side of hot coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solo parenting is no joke and i can only imagine how much harder it is once they're walking! Rowan is too sweet with the "boo boos!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is so funny!! Quit pointing out mommy's face boo-boos haha! Glad you made it through the solo week!

    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I feel your pain. I have to single parent 5 days a week. Two under two. Poke my eyes out! Embracing the sweet moments is hard to do but we have to force ourselves sometimes! The days are long but the years are short! Sending much love and some extra coffee your way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.