Five on Friday!

Hello Friday :) As usual I'm linking up with the fabulous ladies of Carolina Charm and The Good Life for another Five on Friday!


Normally I would be excited for another weekend but this week it just means our visitors are heading home and it will be quiet around here again. Well, it won't be quiet because we have about a million things on our to-do list and lots coming up the next 2 weeks on the blog! I'm so sad my family is leaving but looking forward to seeing them for Thanksgiving in T minus 2 months or so. Yay!

Speaking of how fast the time is going...

ONE: Less than 100 days until Christmas


I'm trying not to get ahead of myself because we have lots of fun planned for this Fall, but I saw this the other day and got so excited about the holidays!

TWO: Pumpkin spice pancakes

This week I made breakfast for my parents using this recipe. It was SO yummy, especially topped with cool whip and cinnamon! I used pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon instead of the other spices and would probably double the recipe for more than 3 people but it was so.darn.good.

THREE: DIY headboard progress 


Here is a sneak peak at the shape we are making our headboard! I'm so excited to share how it turns out so keep an eye out for the full tutorial and master bedroom progress! You can see my fabric choices in the photo too. The grey will be the headboard and I can't decide if I want the geometric print for the euro pillows or the floral. Whichever I don't use for the euro shams will be used for a throw pillow. What do you think?

FOUR: Fall decor complete!

I'm finally done putting the finishing touches in our fall decor, although I still need some damn real pumpkins! Our pumpkin patches don't open until October so I guess I'll have to keep my pants on until then. Boo. All of the fall details around our house will be on the blog next week!

FIVE: Target Halloween decor

We're thinking of having a Halloween party and let me tell you Target has some really cute decor and food serving items on the cheap! I'm talking nice platters, skeleton arm food servers, cheap skull decor, and creepy baking supplies. I'm totally adding candy eyeballs to my Halloween cupcakes this year. 

Thanks for sticking around this week while I was busy entertaining family and being a tourist with them! It was weird only posting 3 times, I'm loving this blogosphere and my wonderful readers! I hope you all have a great weekend! Xoxo

15 comments

  1. I like the geometric for the euros and the floral for the throws! I am so excited to see your finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that fabric looks amazing --- cannot wait to see it finished!! And doesn't Target rock your world? I swear, we'd save SO MUCH money if I could just avoid it. Yikes!

    CHEERS TO THE FIRST DAY OF FALL {on Sunday}!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how the headboard turns out! I just told Cameron the other day that I wanted to make us one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited Christmas is in 100 days and also excited for the 25 days of Christmas! I'm such a dork but I love all those cheesy movies! Pumpkin spice pancakes look amazing and I have some pumpkin pie spice left over from last year so I just might be making those pancakes this weekend! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pancakes look awesome!! Might have to try them this weekend!
    Visiting from the link-up, newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see your headboard! We made one a while back ago but it's very plain. I think yours will call for me to update mine. So make sure to make a step by step post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Target's Halloween decor! My favorite time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to make those pancakes! YUMMY!

    FYI - giveaway at my blog!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I told my husband that a big Halloween bash must be hosted by us in the next couple of years...I love Halloween! And ummm 100 days til Christmas and only 60 days til I enjoy all the Hallmark and ABC Family Christmas marathons! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. The DIY headboard looks like it's going to be amazing! And the pumpkin spice pancakes? Torture for a girl on a 24 Day Challenge. :)

    Excited to hear that Christmas is less than 100 days. Still looking forward to all of the fall fun but I know it will fly by.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog through the link up! I LOVE the shape of your headboard--I'm excited to follow along & see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashley! Glad to have you!! :) Hoping to have the headboard done with a tutorial next week!

      Delete
  12. I love, love Christmas. I am so excited, but I've promised myself that I won't start any holiday shenanigans until after Halloween - my second favorite holiday after Christmas!

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore your fabric choices & can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.