Christmas 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! It's hard to believe its over already, I'm kind of torn about the Christmas décor that is still scattered around our house.

We're still trying to get life in order this week but I wanted to stop by and share a few snaps from Rowan's first Christmas.



Rowan was a champ opening gifts, I was shocked how well he did ripping the paper off. He only had about 3 gifts to open plus his stocking but we spaced them out throughout the day since he really just wanted to play with his Puppy Activity House.


This Melissa & Doug sound puzzle and Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere chair (Sherpa sold out but I linked a similar one) were also huge hits.



Seriously why don't they make those chairs for adults? It's so soft, we're all obsessed. Now we just need to teach Rowan a more graceful way of getting down from his seat.


I'm so glad we had our little celebration at home because as I mentioned last week, we lost my Grandmother just before Christmas. Needless to say our time visiting family was not like we expected.  Christmas Day started early... like 4 AM-early, because our sweet boy was cutting 4 teeth. FOUR! Poor thing, he has been such a trooper.

I didn't take many photos on Christmas itself and we never managed to get a family photo, but I am so grateful that we were there with family.  We are very close and did our best to make it feel as normal as possible given the circumstances.

I also want to thank everyone for the sweet messages, flowers, and support. It is very much appreciated and I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful this blogging community has been!

10 comments

  1. Rowan is growing up so fast and looks like a little man! I completely understand where you are coming from...the holidays were extremely hard for us this year too and it just wasn't the same. Here's to a fresh new start in 2016! Have a great New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I wish I could pop downstairs to see your Christmas tree like the old days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rowan is absolutely precious in all of these pictures! I hope that y'all were still able to have a good Christmas, despite the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, that's so hard - especially close to holidays. Glad yall were able to be together as a family, I am sure that was comforting! Rowan is too cute- growing up fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have the same stockings! i love his little puppy dog stuffed animal :)
    and here's hoping 2016 is calmer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable phootos! Where is Rowan's jammies from? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you had such a nice holiday. I am behind on my reading but just saw your last post. So sorry for your loss, sending you and your family my love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe Rowan is old enough to play with that puppy house! Those are what big babies play with! Oliver is already getting one of those chairs for his 1st bday. I know it's 9 mths away but I like to plan early! Those pj's are precious on him! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rowan looks like he had an amazing first Christmas...I'm so sorry for your loss, I hadn't seen your post before. Thinking of you!! Happy New Year! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little PJ's....too cute! Looks like a great Christmas with your little one!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.