Currently

Hello Fall! To mark the first official day of the best season ever I had planned to show some of the progress we've made on decorating the house + Fall decor, but I still have a few finishing touches to make (see below) until its photo-ready so stay tuned!

Let's play catch up, shall we?!

Loving: Fall TV shows are back (Mo Fam, Scandal, Grey's, and Homeland are some of our faves), cooler weather, and watching Rowan grow and change by the day. Months 6 through 8 are definitely a sweet spot, it's been so much fun with him! 

Loathing: When you excitedly put on your favorite pair of jeans and end up dripping in sweat because its way hotter than you thought it was.

See also, Rowan's pediatrician's diagnosis below. SMH.


A couple weeks ago Rowan was really out of sorts so after Googling his symptoms (always a good idea, right?), I was convinced it was an ear infection. Since it was a Friday, I wanted to get him checked before the weekend. We sat in the waiting room for almost TWO HOURS, only to leave with "fussy" as a diagnosis. Don't get me wrong... I was extremely relieved he was 110% healthy but she could have at least wrote "teething" or something that made me feel less like an a-hole first time parent.

Truthfully I couldn't help but laugh at its ridiculousness though.

Cooking: Skinnytaste BBQ Chicken Chili and Crock Pot Italian Meatballs with zoodles (I expect these to be on repeat this Fall, so good and easy to make!) and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread

Attempting to Finish: Our coffee table! Ugh I've been saying this for months but I think it might really be finished this weekend! If you follow on Snapchat (HomeSweetRuby) you saw a sneak peek of this already... more details to come!


Planning: Rowan's first visit to Disney! Well... we're taking him to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We are hoping he'll meet Mickey and tolerate a personalized Mickey Mouse ears hat while we sample some drinks and I eat my weight in pumpkin funnel cake.

Wishlist: These chairs for our casual dining area, this cozy sweater, and new skinny jeans (share your favorites, I'm hoping for a slightly distressed pair that aren't $200?!).

Hope you've had a great week so far!

13 comments

  1. That really is funny that the dr said his diagnosis was "fussy". Wonder what the insurance company thought of that. Pumpkin cream cheese bread sounds so good right now. It's way too early to wear jeans right now. I know you want to, but face it, it might as well be summer still here! Charleston does not care that fall started yesterday!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny your doctor gave you a diagnosis of "fussy". Glad my doctor doesn't give formal documentation like that, because I was totally that same "a-hole first time parent" and would have hated proof of it ;). Oh and I love how the coffee table is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that fall TV shows are back, too. Only another day until Scandal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumped for Scandal to return!! Y'alls coffee table is looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I have heard the Madewell High Riser Skinny Skinny Jeans are awesome. I have my eye on the coated black pair, but I have yet to try them.
    2) When are you going to Epcot? My husband and I are going on October 17th! I have not been to Food & Wine before and am very excited. Have you been before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! The diagnosis made me laugh! Don't feel like an a hole ! When my daughter was about 7 weeks I took her to the Dr cause she had bumps on her skin that looked really bad. Drs diagnosis was baby acne ! Awesome coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That diagnosis is too funny... I feel like I blame Cam's fussiness on 'teething' every other day, but he hasn't popped any teeth in months! lol Love your coffee table! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Also, I just recen;t got a couple pairs of skinny jeans (one distressed) from Express and I love them! I think their jeans are around $80-$90, but they have a buy 1 pair get the 2nd for $29.90 right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol you have to put that in his baby book ;) too funny. i love your table!! and rowan is going to look so cute in personalized disney ears!!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. J Crew Factory has a cute pair of distressed jeans! They would go perfect that cozy sweater :) Can't wait to see the finished coffee table! Looks great already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy fall girl! So excited for cooler weather soon... I hope! Wow, definitely frustrating to wait that long to get a diagnosis of fussy! Although you're right, at least he's healthy! You're coming to FL?! We're thinking about getting season tickets to go to Food & Wine. Sadly I've never been despite it being pretty much in my backyard haha!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that coffee table! Can't wait to hear more about it! Have so much fun at Epcot! The food and wine festival is the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Epcot food and wine festival?! I can't wait to hear more!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just pinned both of those crockpot recipes because I am ALL about that thing come October!! Can't wait to see the finished product on the coffee table - it looks so good so far!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.