Summer, So Far

Brace yourselves for a photo dump. We've been so busy this summer I haven't had time to do many weekend recaps, ramble about how I'm totally over summer in the South, or share even the tiniest of progress in the new home. So here goes...

Rowan's first wedding


We took Rowan to his first wedding! He was a hit in his little bow tie and suspenders (from Sweet N Swag, seriously cannot get over how cute these are!) and though there were a few soggy wedding programs, he was really good and we managed to avoid a mid-ceremony meltdown!

Naturally I had Rowan's outfit planned for months but had no options for myself so I squeezed my post-prego body into my rehearsal dinner dress from back when I was skinny, tan and sans bags under my eyes.

I may have had trouble breathing in it this time around but the tree coming out of my back in that photo serves as a good distraction. As does the cute baby, of course!

House Updates

I hit the trigger on a guest bedroom rug which is lightening fast speed for my decision making skills. Any guesses as to which one it was? We also rearranged the furniture in the room and I think it looks much better now!

I also talked my husband into adding a fireplace to our living room! If you know me, you know I'll be going through withdrawals without a mantel to decorate this Fall. I had to compromise and agree to mounting a TV over the fireplace but I do think its the best use of our space. Here is our inspiration (with different tiling)... I'm not sure if we'll DIY or not but I'm crossing my fingers we can make it happen before Rowan's first Christmas!

Date Night

Six months after the birth of our little guy, Steve and I finally went on a date night! We may have been joined by my dad and some of my friends but hey, I'll take it. Thanks for babysitting, Grandma! We indulged in overpriced beers, Primanti's sandwiches (which include fries and coleslaw on the sandwich... total artery overload but oh so good), and some of the best views of Pittsburgh.



Brunch



The atmosphere and food at Edmund's Oast in Charleston is on point! I can't wait to go back this Fall and enjoy a few Fall beers in their outside seating. If you're in town, definitely put it on your list. Though Charleston does not disappoint in the brunch department no matter where you go!

11 comments

  1. Too funny you went to primanti's! I just went in state college for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pittsburgh is one of my favourite cities and that walk on Clemente Bridge to PNC Park is the best. Did you see a game? We were there a month or so ago and going back in October for a Pitt/UNC football game!
    And I think you can totally still decorate the mantel for fall! Do up the sides and maybe add cute swag or a hanging banner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!! Sweet Rowan looks SO handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the fireplace inspiration! A mantle is just a must have ;) Yay for a date night, and can't wait to see which rug you chose! Glad you've been having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember anytime you want to go on a date night here we'll watch Rowan! Love that fireplace! Is Steve going to build it? Now that he's become such the carpenter? Haha
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like y'all have been up to a lot! Rowan is so precious! I can't wait to see how your fireplace turns out - the inspiration is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a little man with this bowtie. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pics! Yay for your house coming together. Can't wait to see your new fireplace and guest bedroom... we are in desperate need of a rug in our room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son is beautiful. Actually, your whole family is beautiful. I found your blog today through another one and looking forward to reading more.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.