Guest Bedroom Inspiration

I hope you've all had a great week! A twelve hour road trip with a baby, laundry marathon, and endless coffees later... I'm ready for another weekend!

We packed our SUV to the brim last week and headed North for a wedding and some family time. It was so much fun but exhausting at the same time. Rowan looked like a total stud at the wedding, I couldn't even handle the cuteness. Stay tuned for a photo dump!

Now that we're home I'm hoping to get started with finishing up some of home projects that have been at the top of my list, like painting the remaining bedrooms and putting some decor on the walls. It's been hard to do since A) world's slowest decorator over here and B) when you do it yourself, you're at the mercy of the baby's naptime and your energy level.

I've shared some peeks at our guest bedroom but its sort of been in a standstill since then. Here is what the room looks right now, complete with our resident photo bomber, angry tan walls, and sans any type of legitimate bedding.



And here is what I'm hoping to do with it...


Rug. Bed. Nightstand. Gold Knob. Mirror. Curtains. Dresser (DIY from nursery).

I've been obsessing over some high-end antique-inspired Persian rugs but I'm currently searching for more affordable options because $1,600+ for a rug is crazy. I am normally against putting a rug on carpet but eventually we're going to replace the flooring so I feel safe starting with a rug and working towards other details like paint color and pillows.
(Clockwise from top) Caitlin Wilson Rug. Surya Rug. Anthropologie Rug.
Overdyed Rug. Oriental Weavers Rug. nuLoom Rug.
The overdyed rugs are a little out of my comfort zone but I'm loving the navy and pink combo. I think paired with light walls, white bedding and some interesting wall decor, it could make this room a really fun space for guests.

What do y'all think? Too much?

Linking up with Natalie and Annie!

11 comments

  1. I'm loving that bed frame! You really can't go wrong with any of those rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutey love the bed!! We need a new one desperately and I've been eyeing iron ones like this. That gold mirror with the rug is also perfection. Feel free to invite me to stay once it's complete ;) (I bring wine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your guestroom bed! this is what I want our master bed to look like, simple and chic. I like that first carpet, such a pop of color.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rug options! I think they're the perfect place for a pop of color

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're inspiration is so pretty! Can't wait to see it once you're done! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not too much at all! I love the overdyed rugs and have actually been eyeing that 'save' blue one - they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think the rugs are over the top at all! Especially with the furniture that's in there currently and if you lighten up the walls a bit! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a nice statement rug! I think that will help the room a lot - just try not to pick a color you will easily tire of (which I swear is why I always default to ocean hues!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rugs. What a great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how simple it is, and the room is light and bright :}

    xoxo,
    Abby
    www.thefrugalblogger.net

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.