Wedding: Getting Ready + Details

On the morning of our wedding, my bridesmaids and my mom came up to my hotel room and we all got ready together. One thing I knew I wanted to splurge on was on-location hair and makeup just to keep things as stress-free as possible and I was so happy with the vendors I chose. We all took turns getting our hair and makeup done while we drank champagne and had breakfast. It was such a great start to the day having everyone there for support!
























The guys all got ready together too in Steve's room. Steve thought it was weird that the photographer would take pictures of him while he was getting ready so I had to explain that he wouldn't be taking photos of him in his underwear. ha! I'm so glad we got those photos, he looks so handsome!



I'm a sucker for all of the detail photos. Luckily our photographer did an amazing job capturing so many of them!



My "something blue" was blue material from a tie and a shirt from each of my grandfathers. My seamstress stitched them into the lining of my gown. My grandmothers loved it and were asking me to show people throughout the night. It meant a lot to me to have both of them with me that day, even though I knew they were there in spirit too.



It is so hard to narrow down the number of photos I'm posting! Our photographer was Caitlin Thomas Photography. She is based out of Pittsburgh and is AMAZING! For more of her fabulous photos, check out our ceremony and wedding party photos!

8 comments

  1. Ah, these photos are so sweet! I'm recently engaged, and so glad you have all your wedding things on here, so fun to look at and get ideas from :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your engagement! Enjoy it, the engagement and wedding planning goes so fast! If you have any questions feel free to ask, I love sharing details and helping others with their planning!

      Delete
  2. Would you mind suggesting where you got the robes for yourself and bridal party?? I am on the search for my October wedding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the waffle weave robes from Kohl's when they were on sale. They are so soft and come in a few other colors. For the monograms, I just used a local embroidery shop. Doing it this way was cheaper than what I found on Etsy! Good luck and congrats!

      Delete
  3. No wonder they picked your wedding, even these pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.