Another Weekend in the Books

Happy Monday!!I hope you all had a great weekend! Welcome to those of you who found my blog through the link-up on Friday, so glad to have you :)

You may have noticed on my Instagram that the hubs and I snagged an adorable brown and blue antique dresser this weekend during our garage sale hopping. Although I want to do our bedroom in white furniture, this one is so.darn.cute that its making me rethink my entire master bedroom revamp just so I can keep the color combo!!




Our master bedroom is looking pretty drab right now, not to mention we need more clothing storage space, so we've been on the hunt for a dresser and I had very specific requirements. I wanted: antique look with curves and fancy legs, something large with a lot of drawer space, a dresser in good shape with no wobbling or broken drawers (wouldn't be a big deal to some, but I suck at fixing that sort of thing. I can only fix aesthetics like paint). This one was all of that!

The back story: so we went to a few garage sales and this house was the last one we were going to. The owner had other gorgeous pieces of furniture but this one was sitting in the garage with all the drawers out and only one coat of paint. (Hence why all of the hardware is removed). I asked the owner if she would be willing to sell it without finishing it, since I would have to paint it white anyway and this would save us both some trouble. She said ok and asked for $250. Now, being the terrible negotiator that I am, I agreed rather than trying to get her down a little.

I'll give the pro garage sale shoppers a minute to pick their jaws up off the floor....

I know that seems ridiculous, and I'm sort of kicking myself for not trying to save at least another 25 bucks BUT.... the nice people offered to deliver this huge piece of furniture to our house down the street rather than us trying to figure out how to transport it home in our little car. That in itself was a major bonus.


Anyway, I'm stoked and can't wait to get working on this! It will be my first Annie Sloan Chalk Paint endeavor. I'm thinking of painting it Old White and possibly keeping the wood stain on the top. It would probably look something like this.What do you think?!

The hubs and I also had a date night in Charleston this weekend. We went to TBonz (hub's pick, it was alright) and then to Kaminsky's for dessert. However, there was a wait list to sit and have dessert and a dessert martini (how ridic is that?!) so we just got blueberry cheesecake to-go and it was still fabulous. Then we walked about the Battery and explored some of the back alleyways.

That 5-story 1846 mansion, with a carriage house, can be yours for only $5.5 mil!

The rest of our weekend was spent getting me some new glasses (I'm not into selfies but you might see a glimpse of these eventually), taking Ruby to the dog park, Skyping with my family, baking (Lemon Cupcake with Blueberry filling recipe coming this week!), drinking wine, and relaxing. It was perfection. :) I hope yours was too!

8 comments

  1. I LOVE that dresser and I think the white with the stain is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll definitely post updated pictures once I paint it. I love getting feedback because I'm SO indecisive! haha

      Delete
  2. That dresser is so cute! I love buying furniture and frames at garage sales and thrift store and painting them with chalk paint, they look so good afterwards. New follower, found your blog from the Friday 5 linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole and welcome! :) I'm new to the chalk paint/furniture redo scene. I may be a little ambitious with this project but everyone says chalk paint is easy so we'll see how I manage! Glad to hear you have success with it!

      Delete
  3. oh my...I am dying for that dresser. You can just send that up to me...thank you! :)

    I want to find something like that to replace my TV stand and hide away JUNK.

    Found you from the link up!!!
    Lindsey
    www.lifeoncountryside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not letting this thing out of my sight! I've seen dressers turned into media stands before though, that's a really good idea!

      Delete
  4. Cait I love this dresser! The color is awesome, but white will look beautiful as well. I've been thinking about re-doing an old dresser we have, so I'm excited to see what your finished product looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat!! I hope I don't screw it up! haha Will let you know how it goes!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.