One Room Challenge :: Modern Farmhouse Living Room

I've been dragging my heels on finishing our living room for SO long, its almost embarrassing. It doesn't need a major overhaul but a refresh with this thing called styling will go a long way considering how much time we spend in this room! So I thought what better time than the One Room Challenge, where I actually have to meet a deadline in 6 weeks?!  

If you're hearing from Calling it Home, welcome! I hope you stick around!

 So here are the before photos....


Not terrible by any means but it just doesn't look finished. Here are a few of the big things I think this space needs:

- Our ceiling light doesn't work so that needs to be addressed or replaced
- Accent pillows. Lots of them
- Some kind of greenery. I have a black thumb AND a toddler so I'm totally going with a faux plant in here
- An updated gallery wall with a mix of personal photos and fine art 
- Replace the rug that somehow looks white in this photo but its actually super gross and worn out after having a dog, toddler, and husband trample on it for 2 years 
- One accent chair or two? Or just a different style?
- Floor lamp to hold us over when the ceiling light stops working
- The whole thing needs a bit of styling
 

I love to add hints of the farmhouse style but I really like it to be more of a clean and modern farmhouse look mixed with classic furniture.



So there you have it! Any thoughts for mixing classic with modern farmhouse? I don't want to go too over the top with farmhouse but I also want it to be fun and relaxed!
 

6 comments

  1. It looks great to me but I can't wait to see how you spruce it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your room right now! But I can only imagine how much more awesome it will be with the things that you're planning for it. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought your "before" photo was the finished product! I think everything looks great, but it's always fun to make improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great ideas! i still love that table so I'm glad it's not going anywhere!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a snake plant also called mother-in-law's tongue! They can live in low light, and barely need any water. I love mine and was shocked I haven't killed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty space already! I love your style and how you're going with that farmhouse and modern combo!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.