Easy Homemade Salsa

Let me introduce you to the easiest recipe ever. I never realized how simple it was to make homemade salsa. It's so much more healthy, I almost don't feel bad eating half of it myself. Now if only the calories didn't count for those tortilla chips...

Also, did I mention this salsa is man-approved? I made it for the Gator basketball game this weekend and the guys loved it! It didn't bring us any luck at winning the game (if anyone has a lucky salsa recipe, holler) but everyone was shocked when I told them it was homemade.

My salsa was on the milder side, but you could easily kick it up a notch by A) adding the jalapeno seeds to the mix or B) adding a second jalapeno. You could also add some green chiles. I mean, the opportunities are endless. (How's my salesmanship here?!) You don't even need to chop the ingredients up as much as I did, I was just feeling a little eager.


Easy, Restaurant-Style Homemade Salsa

Ingredients
2 cans of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
1/2 small Sweet Onion (red onion works too, its a personal preference)
Handful of chopped Green Onion
1/2 small Green Pepper (I added some yellow and red too)
2 small tomatoes, chopped 
1 or 2 Jalapenos
Juice from half a Lime
1/2 to 1 cup Cilantro
1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)
Dash of Cumin

Put everything into a food processor. Hold the chop button for 30 seconds until the salsa is the desired consistency. Done. Bam!



Serve in festive dishware and store in a cute mason jar in the fridge. 

So what are your go-to appetizers for entertaining?

15 comments

  1. Looks yummy! I love homemade salsa, it tastes WAY better than the jarred stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salsa looks really good! Might have to try it out sometime this summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Pinning this girlfriend...looks easy and delish! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. That looks delicious. I am a salsa addict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am pinning this to remember to make in the near future. Our go to apps are usually some sort of cheese and cracker platter, veggies, fruit, and then usually some Pinspired treat that takes way too long to make and only turns out half the time, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fresh and so good! I'll be making it.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! i love fresh salsa! i've never thought to use canned tomatoes but that's a lot easier than chopping those suckers up! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made my own salsa, now I definitely want to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum Yum. You seriously cannot go wrong with fresh salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm! This looks super tasty! I love homemade salsas, but have never tried to make one...makes me want to blend a margarita along side it as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelby posted about a salsa recipe today too! This was so delicious! Theo and I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I swear the salsa in Dublin just isn't the same as back home! I'm going to have to resort to making our own this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.