Modern Farmhouse Dining Room Inspiration

Almost two years into home ownership, and 5ish years since we started to rid our home of hand-me-down college furniture, I feel like I'm finally getting a grip on a decorating style that works for us.

I love the farmhouse trend but I have fear of commitment in the decorating department, so I think my dining room inspiration gives us a really good mix of the rustic meets classic style. Also known as Restoration Hardware.

Obviously shopping there for something other than a Christmas ornament is a no go.

But I've found some really good Restoration Hardware knockoff looks that I think will be perfect for our space, keeping it classic and beautiful but also interesting.
Sources:
Home Decorators Jacques Oval Side Chairs (Similar here, here, here, and here. I also really love these!)
 Paint Colors: Sherwin Williams Simply White and Benjamin Moore Pale Oak

Those beautiful watercolor art prints are framed and ready to be hung, you guys they are so, so gorgeous. Hand painted on canvas and definitely the nicest piece of art I'll ever own. Do yourself a favor and visit Joanna's shop, ColorWatercolor. She is so sweet and talented and there are so many beautiful floral options! I went with the cotton because it will always remind me of living here in the South.

With just the painting left to do on our dining room, I can slowly feel this room coming together. Up until now its been a garage of sorts for Rowan's numerous vehicles, strollers, and snack crumbs.

I know a formal dining room isn't for everyone, but if you've been around here long enough you know my love for holidays and entertaining runs deep so I can't wait to see the finished product!

P.S. Has anyone seen the new Magnolia Home rugs? All the heart eyes!! 

3 comments

  1. I've had my eye on chairs like that for our dining room table, too. They are perfect additions to the farmhouse table that you have picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have those exact same chairs but from World Market and LOVE them! We've had them for a year and a half now and they are holding up so well (especially with some Scotch Guard). You can always catch them on sale, too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.