First Birthday Inspiration

I hope you all had a fabulous long weekend! If you haven't noticed yet, the blog got a pretty big face lift on Friday and I'm loving the new, modern look. But bear with me, there are still a few kinks to hammer out!

This weekend I managed to get a little first birthday party prep done so I'm feeling slightly less behind on this whole planning thing.

Honestly I'm in major denial that my baby will be one in less than a month.

At first I didn't understand why people got so emotional over it. Then as I was organizing the clothes he has grown out of last night, it hit me. The newborn clothes. So freaking tiny, it blows my mind.

Anyway, about this first birthday stuff. I was initially just planning to have close friends out to dinner to celebrate since we're far from family, but then mom guilt came knocking and I knew we needed to have a little celebration for him. I mean, your first born only turns one once!

So in an effort to keep it low key, we're doing a brunch full of super easy to prep foods and I think the timing will work well with kids' naptimes.

I'm trying really hard not to go overboard with a theme or decor but since I already planned to get Rowan a teepee for his birthday, this Minted Into the Woods invitation is too perfect and I've been using it as my inspiration. I love the colors and think its perfect for a boy's winter birthday!
 
Minted Felt Garland, Minted Invitation, Cake Topper, Teepee,
Cake Inspiration via Style Me Pretty

So far the menu includes fruit skewers, silver dollar pancake stacks, donut holes, and my favorite... fried chicken and waffle bites. Throw in some cake and that is a party I can get on board with!

So what do y'all think? Has anyone had a brunch birthday party and how did it go?!

14 comments

  1. I LOVE the brunch idea and also the woodland inspiration! I'm starting to think less theme is going to be the way to go to keep it less stressful too. Can't wait to see it all come together and I'll definitely be taking any tips you have! Also - the new blog design looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brunch idea is such a good one! I always go overboard when planning any parties, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emerson's 1st birthday is 10 days away! I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mood board for the birthday!! I love the cake topper :) xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Love the new facelift :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveee the menu :) and i cant wait to celebrate Rowan's big day!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new blog design is gorgeous! I seriously love it! And that cake is so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new look!! Can I ask who did it for you? I am in need of a new look on my blog so badly and I love the way yours is set up. How is Rowan going to be 1 already?!!! There is no way! I think brunch is a great idea, who doesn't love brunch? I love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving these fun 1st birthday theme! I can't believe it's been a year! Love your new blog design too. I swear I'm working on mine too! Ekk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the color scheme you've picked for the party!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable theme!! I've gone to a few 1st birthday parties and something I've noticed is a lot of moms have what they call smash cakes. They make a mini cake called a smash cake in addition to the big cake for the guests for their 1 year old with 2-3 candles for them to "blow" it out and then you can let them play with the cake so they don't smash their hands into the big cake. Best wishes on the birthday planning!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your new blog design! How is he almost one? That went by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, yes to chicken + waffle bites! Love it all! And the new design looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.