Recent Things

Hello friends! I didn't intentionally take a blog break but we're crazy and decided to do Rowan's first flight and road trip in a matter of weeks so I kind of lost track of time!

First I have to say thank you to all of you who commented and emailed about my last post. I just want to clarify that everything is great in this neck of the woods! I think it's good to hear from other mamas going through the same thing, strength in numbers right?

So just to keep y'all up to speed...

+ Rowan is almost 5 months old! How in the world did that happen? He has been learning so much lately and is very social. Now I know why mamas love this stage!
 
+ He was a champ on our flights, even when we got in at 2:30 AM after multiple delays. He slept through all four flights (we had to connect) and although I was a ball of nerves, he did great. I did learn a few things along the way so I'll share those next week!

+ We finally hung some shelves on the walls in the nursery and I feel like we are more settled in the new house. It will be nice to be able to do more fun things rather than devote our entire weekend to cleaning and organizing... because who wants to do that four weekends in a row?!

+ I'm embarassed to say that I'm still debating rugs for our living space. Y'all I am the worst decision maker. I have seen some that I like but I can't commit. Hoping Home Goods might surprise me with something this weekend!

+ Currently planning a big picnic we're hosting next weekend! We're going to have a lot of family in town and friends stopping by, so we've got a ton of food to make. If you have any good appetizer or side dish recipes you love, please share! I'm sure I'll be losing my mind Friday night trying to prep everything.

I'm so excited to have more time for blogging and DIY projects now that things are slowing down a little! Thanks for bearing with my MIA-self lately!

11 comments

  1. Girl making choices for the home is never easy - take your time with that rug!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first travels went well with the babe! And I'm right there with ya on not being able to commit to things, decorating-wise... the struggle is real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that the flights went well! After 4 flights you must be an expert now! Can't wait to read your post about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Rowan's first flight! Glad it went well for him... and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, that pic stole my heart! Love little R!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same with home furnishings... When you find the right one you'll know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. making such a huge decision like a rug, forget about it...it would take me forever too. Yay for first flights going well, I think we as parents put more stress on ourselves because we don't want other people to be annoyed, but mostly people are understanding, as long as you are trying to calm the baby instead of just watching/listening to them cry. ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe how big he's gotten! So cute!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choosing a rug is impossibly hard! I don't blame you for taking your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rugs are such a big decision! And I have a love/hate relationship with ordering them online. What if they aren't soft???

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.