Our Fourth of July

There is something about a 3 (or 4) day weekend that is good for the soul. How can I get a few more of those?!

If you know me, you know I'm pretty holiday-obsessed. But the 4th of July will always be special.

This time last year we were telling our parents they were about to be grandparents, and making them swear to keep it a secret from the rest of the family for a few more weeks.

Fast forward a year, and we get to look at this sweet face everyday.


You won't see any photos of the fireworks we watched, the strawberry pie that disappeared before our eyes, or the wine that was consumed, mostly because Rowan had a full schedule and we had to keep up with his appearances.

Said appearances consisted of meeting another great-grandma, meeting my good friends from college including Louise and her sweet babe (instant bffs.. Seriously how are babies so cute together?!), his first trip to Siesta Key, and his first swim in the pool. He wasn't a fan of the beach, I suspect it's due to the 100 degrees with 100% humidity thing like his mama, but we'll try again in a few months.

 


He did tolerate his pool float when he figured out he could eat it so there's that.

Now it's back to the grind... making to-do lists out the wazoo and party prepping for this weekend! I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July! Yay, America!

16 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, he is so adorable! Looks like you had a lovely holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love his little sunglasses! He's such a cute little boy I need to come visit before he's all grown up!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet memory! He is too cute and glad y'all had a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg too cute. i love his little hat and sunnies :) he looks pretty happy on that pool float! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg Rowan in his sunnies is too cute! He is just so handsome!! So glad you had a good weekend! Hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable! Love that first picture of him! Frame worthy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Those pool floats for babies are so adorable. My friends have them for their kids and I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was sooooo nice to see you and Rowan!!! Haha i loved our table full of baby shenanigans. Our littles did so well and I'm glad you guys are safely back home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is seriously so adorable! The beach looks amazing, too - hopefully he'll enjoy it more next time! Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is getting so big and so cute!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. His outfits are killing me! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunglasses in the pool float, the cutest!! Can you believe how much has happened in a year?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I could die over Rowan's pictures!! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, he is the cutest little thing ever! I can't get over those beach photos. Love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm seriously obsessed with your child....is that creepy??? hahaha :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable!! His outfits, so cute! Matthew was not impressed with the beach either this year

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.