What I'm Loving Wednesday: Summer Staples

For most of the next week here in Charleston the temps are in the 100s. That's right... triple digits folks.

At that point, why bother showering?

If I do have to venture out, you can probably expect to see me in the outfit below with a frizzy, (almost) top knot and sans baby. Not sure if you knew this but hatred of heat and humidity is genetic and Rowan clearly got his Northerner mama's genes versus his Floridian dad's in this case.

Tee. Shorts. Sandals. Necklace. Bag.



I'm still trying to dress this post-baby bod and I'll be honest, I'm not happy with it despite being only a couple pounds from my pre-baby weight. I lost 40 pounds and still ate my fair share of donuts. (thank you breastfeeding!) But I will tell you that the fat to muscle ratio is much different these days. With an emphasis on the fat part.

I mentioned my love for this Loft tee last week and as soon as it went on sale I scooped it up in multiple colors. I love the way it drapes, its light weight, can be dressed up or down, and I don't have to suck in the whole time.

I'm also obsessed with this swim cover-up (I have it in white) and I picked up the same swim suit (this top and this bottom) that Stephanie recommended. Old Navy for the win! I'm still on the fence about the high waist bottom but it hides my stretch marks so I'll take it. (Side note for the girl mamas: you can get a matching coverup for your mini. I'm jealous.)

Hopefully Rowan will be sporting his swim gear this weekend since we're heading North to where the temperatures are manageable. I'm aiming to pack at least one full outfit for myself among the many, many... many baby things.

What are some of your summer staples? Anything I need to get my hands on?

14 comments

  1. It's in the 90s here with humidity out of control... ugh but yes 100s is awful. That looks like my summer outfit, if I change out of my yoga pants/running shorts ;) I almost bought that cover up at ON but didn't and now you're making me want to go get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit and is very similar to what I've been wearing daily! I'm so sad they only have those bikini bottoms in xs now :( Love them and have been looking for something similar. I'm also a handful of pounds away from pre-prego weight, but your're right... the muscle to fat ratio is way different! I'm working on tightening those abs!! Ughh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the heat! It's been in the triples here too. It's going to be a hot summer! Love this entire look. Being comfy in the summer heat is a definite must. And I agree about showering, you're just going to start sweating 5 mins later anyway!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget how hot it was last July in Charleston!! We were back in our air conditioned hotel room by 8pm, dying every night - no idea how you guys do it all summer! I love that Target bag... I've almost bought it like 5 times now but keep telling myself I don't need ANOTHER bag... so I'll probably be getting it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this classic color combo.....and that bathing suit is precious! I saw it first hand in Charleston and love it!! As for my summer staples - go to OldNavy.com and I'll take one of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that combo! I'm a fan of the gold flats, most of all!! Congrats on being so close to pre-baby weight! Keep up the good work; I'm sure it's hard to adjust to all the body changes, but you'll be back soon enough, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm honestly not sure how I am going to survive in August LOL!! I think I'm going to need to pick up a few of those loft shirts!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's so hot there! We're stopping in Charleston for a night in 2 weeks so it'll be interesting trying to walk around downtown lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgg that baby cover up is SO stinking cute!! im hoping to take vi to the beach next weekend when my friends are into town if it cools down a little bit. we need to schedule a pool date soon! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes! It's triple digits here in AZ all summer long, BUT humidity is practically zero. Have fun up north, let me know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, this heat needs to let up! It'll be so nice for you to escape this heat for the weekend. I love that necklace and those J Crew sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord I can not believe how hot it has been this week. I am thankful to be off work and can stay in the AC for most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw someone else post about the mini version of that coverup and it makes me wish I had a little girl to twin with too! Enjoy your vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute outfit, very similar to my mommy outfits! I hear you on the post-baby body being different, things fit but they don't nicely at all.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.