Currently...

I hope you're all having a great week so far! I have been swamped with work and micromanaging the terrible painters we had come to paint our living areas so I'm basically just counting down the days until the weekend. Here's a quick look at what I've got going on...

Loving:
this custom family painting (such a great gift idea!), watching Rowan grow and learn new things (he is changing everyday, plus I'm pretty sure he's like 16 pounds!), and the cutest cafe (St Alban) where I met up with Ally this past weekend


Loathing: the 4 month sleep regression, the colossal letdown in our painters, the thought of flying for the first time with Rowan by myself next week (any and all advice welcome)

Looking Forward to: Rowan meeting all of his family up north, entertaining at our new home, maybe getting a tan this summer?

Decorating: Our new sofa and chair! The color of the sofa came out a bit different than we expected against the new paint color, it kind of blends in. I had a mini panic attack until some friends talked me off the ledge and convinced me all it needs is to be styled with a white throw, photos on the wall, and some new pillows to break up the color.

Ignore the rug! We're getting a new one as soon as I decide which one!
We still have to hang frames, order a rug, and put up curtains, I'll share more progress photos as soon as I can! If you have any favorite places to find pillows please share! I usually make my own but I have a feeling I won't have time these days.

Pinning: healthy-ish dinners and party planning ideas for our first big picnic/party

Shopping: still debating on a rug, pillows, and we really need a floor mirror in our master. Also loving this top (its so comfortable but I passed on it to wait for a sale), these adorable mesh espadrilles and this shirt (perfect for the Fall in Charleston) for Rowan. Baby boy clothes are so much more fun to shop for than I expected!

Watching: still Veep and Game of Thrones, catching up on Black Sails, and getting excited for the next True Detective series (can you tell we like our HBO?)

Also the Can't Live Without It linkup is on pause this week, make sure to join us next week though!

17 comments

  1. Sofa looks great!! I love the color of it and like friends said- accents and throw pillows! Sorry to hear about the painters- bad painters and contractors are the worst. Also sorry about the 4 month sleep regression, we had it bad over here but it was better by 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sofa looks fantastic and pillows will help bring it all together. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the painters, I've been there and it sucks. Isn't shopping for baby boy clothes the best? Henry has an insane wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the couch! I think it will look great once you get a couple pillows and frames up. That cafe looks so cute. Putting it on my list for next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no why were the painters a letdown? I agree with your friends about the couch. Accents can change a room up completely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sofa, and the white throw really pops. I always panic before the room is fully pulled together, but just stick with your choices and when you get your rug and hang your pieces you will feel soooo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babies are actually the easiest to fly with. Just plan to feed during takeoff to limit the ear issue. And possibly during landing of its a long flight. Otherwise have a change of baby clothes and an extra shirt for you in carrying, plus pacifiers if he takes them. Chances are he will sleep most of the flight! Sorry about the painters - very frustrating! Also agree about making your living room brighter with accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing house photos and updates! I think it'll look great! We flew recently when my daughter was two months. Try to nurse/bottle feed or use a pacifier for take off and landing, it'll help his ears not hurt. If he's mosey like my daughter, you'll love flying. She was so entertained watching all the people and smiling. Good luck! It'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sofa! Totally agree that pillows and decor will offset the colors. And if you find a great floor length mirror, let me know! I've been on the lookout for one for our master, too. I had no idea True Detective was coming back soon - YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sandwich and Caesar salad both look amazing! Love the couch and chair! You can totally add a few pillows to add a pop of color and it will all come together! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh i still feel terrible about the painters!! BUT your couch looks great with that throw blanket :) let's get the babes together soon. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I was going to say, cute rug! But then you told me to ignore it- so here I am. Ignoring it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those portrait paintings are amazing!!! I hope I remember them down the road :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your pics for your room! I'll take that chair, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. R is still rocking the 4 month sleep regression? Poor mama! But at least you've got some good tv to watch! So excited about this season of True Detectives - the cast is ah-maz-ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color of the sofa! I would add a jute colored rug to contrast with the floors or something in the lighter color scheme and you’re golden!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I like Ashley's idea of the jute colored rug. I think the couch is great though. I've been wanting to try St Alban. One of these days!! I feel like I haven't been downtown in months! Good luck with the flight. It will probably be fine. It only sucks when they can walk and scream loud(er). :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.