Friday Things

Hey friends! Sorry for the radio silence this week, I'd like to blame it on our busy week but I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now. Stephanie, Laura and I took a break from the Can't Live Without It linkup, it was a last minute decision because we were all swamped. Summer is shaping up to be a crazy one for everyone apparently and not just us!

Anyway here is a brain dump from the week...

+ These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies need to get in my belly. Now.

+ We're celebrating Father's Day this weekend since R and I will be visiting family next weekend. I think we're going to explore downtown a little and do lunch, we don't get down there as often as we'd like nowadays!

+ Excited to watch Orange is the New Black this weekend! My husband isn't too interested but there is nothing else on this time of year and I love a good binge show watching, whenever we can stay awake past 9 that is... #oldpeopleproblems

+ This sweet boy is 4 months old!

I took some photos of him yesterday and he has the biggest smile in every.single.one of them, even the one where he fell over on his stuffed animals. ha! Today, on the other hand, we've got lots of cuddles on the menu thanks to his vaccinations.

+ Added some shorts to my closet this week including these J.Crew factory chambray drawstring shorts and a new pair of Loft jean shorts (or jorts, if you will). I definitely recommend both, they are so comfy! Now if only I could get some color on my legs so I can stop scaring people...

+ I've been trying to decide on some light fixtures for our living spaces and I never realized how good the prices are for lighting at World Market, especially if you get their coupons! I wish I could switch everything over to silver but our kitchen is dark so I think we need to stick to the bronze color scheme. Loving this lantern for our entryway.. what do y'all think?

Pendant Lantern.




+ HALO SleepSack or Swaddle Giveaway Winner: Congratulations to Nikki M. for winning the HALO SleepSack giveaway! And a huge thank you so everyone who entered and for following along with Home Sweet Ruby!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Sleep in for me if you can, k? Thanks!

10 comments

  1. Absolutely love that lantern fixture! It is very modern and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lantern AND your rug runner! i hope R feels better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness he is cute! I may have to get myself a pair of those jorts ;) I've been searching for a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please get that light fixture as soon as possible! It's SOO gorgeous. Heart eye emojis all the way. :)
    Happy 4 months, Rowan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read all about your Father's Day exploring!! And happy 4 months to Rowan - what a sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that light fixture! We actually bought it for our entryway but it was way too big and we have low ceilings, so gorgeous though. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4 months! Wow! Ours turned 3 months old today. Time flies!
    Love the lantern!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that fixture for your entryway, it would go so well!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lantern for your entryway - great choice!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.