Favorite Workout Gear for the New Year

This year there will be no resolutions. Just my new year "word."

Prioritize.

I felt the serious effects of putting myself last, or not on the priority list at all, last year. My back (and the scale, sadly) are the direct result of not doing some of the things I love to do.

While I loved our weekend trips to the aquarium or trying new Charleston restaurants, I rarely broke a sweat unless I was being my typical helicopter mom self chasing my toddler around the playground.

One of the ways I'm carving out time for me this year is heading to the gym during my lunch break. It's not always possible but I feel so.dang.good. when I do! I feel even better when I have new high rise leggings to contain the "current situation" while I throw down some intervals on the treadmill.

And when I say throw down, I mean I go between 4 and 6 miles an hour. I know, I'm so fast.
 
Is it just me or is it so much easier to mentally prepare for the gym when you have new gear to wear?! I thought I'd round up some of my favorites in case you're like me and need a little gym wardrobe update. Also have I mentioned how much I love high waist leggings?




My newest favorites are leggings with mesh cutouts and tops with an open back. I'm normally so gross after basically any cardio so I feel like cute workout clothes make up for my hot mess appearance.

Right now those GapFit gFast leggings and the strappy bra are 40% off and you don't have to wear them as stirrups! And my top two favorite Athleta leggings, the mesh Plié Tight and Quest Chaturanga (which are SO dang comfy and have pockets for your phone) are on sale, plus 20% off! Sizes are limited for the Chaturanga tights though so move quick!

And FYI, you can pick up my favorite Nike running shoes at Nike Outlet stores for much less. They are so light weight, I love them!

You'll note there is no Lululemon here. I cannot justify the cost and have heard so many complaints about pilling! So far all of my Athleta leggings have been washing great so I'll take that budget for sure!

And for the record, I own almost all of the favorites below and highly recommend! I'm just waiting on a sale to take that Athleta sports bra home with me! (You can also click on the items in the collage above!)


7 comments

  1. I love my gap tanks. you might want to check out the lululemon sports bras they are worth every penny. you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great word for the year, I may have to 'borrow' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New workout gear is the best motivation for getting back to the gym! I can't justify the cost for new Lululemon either but I got a pair of pants from there for Christmas last year that I absolutely LOVE and I wear them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High waist leggings are where it's at! I just wear the Champ's from Target and they work great for me. I can't get over the price of Lululemon either. I do want to try some Zella from Target though. I love tanks from Gap. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still looking for that prefect sports bra for a well-endowed girlie... doubling-up these days playing vball. Happy to see I'm not the only one working out again!! Love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sports bra looks awesome! Good for you squeezing it in at lunch, that's commitment!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.