Guest Bedroom Progress

Hi friends. It's been a while!

While I found myself diving headfirst into projects around the house, in a desperate attempt to finish all of the little things that have been nagging at me, this sad little guestroom has been a total struggle.

I think the rug is throwing me off because I'm stumped about accent pillows and adding more color to this space.


We finally painted the room a bright and very pale green, Spare White by Benjamin Moore. It's safe to say I'm loving it! Such a stark contrast from the angry tan which is still in 3 more rooms of our house. Ah!

 

I picked up this mirror from Target a couple of weeks before they came out with a bigger circular mirror and I'm still kind of kicking myself for not exchanging it. I do love the bronze-gold color though which is a theme I'm trying to stick with in the details of the room.


Andddd that's basically it. The double door closet annoyingly takes up a lot of space opposite the bed so this is the best configuration we can come up with.

I don't know, y'all. I'm drawing a blank! HELP!

So here's what needs to happen in this space:
Some kind of artwork above the bed
Accent pillows (Leaning toward a floral I think)
Ditch that lamp and replace with prettier ones on the nightstands
Drapes (thinking DIY french pleat with tassel trim)
Replace the mini ceiling fan
Style the heck out of the picture frames and tray

Any and all suggestions welcome!

8 comments

  1. I love what you've done with the room so far, especially the paint color (because nobody's got time for angry tan!) I think that floral accent pillows would look great on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bed frame so much! And that mirror is so adorable! Loving the crisp whites and gold touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the industrial look of the bed frame and the drawer pulls on the dresser! You could easily go rustic farmhouse with the decor if you wanted. Maybe get a tall plant for the top of the dresser to give it some height? Then tie in the colors of the rug with either the artwork or the pillows. I love it so far! Guest rooms are always the last thing I decorate, so you're way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the bedframe and matching dark pulls on the dresser. Could you paint the nightstands white and add dark pulls to tie them in a bit more and contrast with the bed? A pop of color with lamps on those would be fun! And I also agree with height on the dresser. Maybe add a couple vases or a plant, as mentioned. Love the golden-bronze accents :) I'd love staying in that bright room, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gold tray a lot. Accent pillows are always the fun part for me. On A + Life blog she had a post a while back about finding pillows on Amazon for like under $5. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great so far! I like the idea of lamps on both night stands and adding some color with pillows/curtains. If your not a fan of the mirror maybe you can make a small gallery wall above the dress including the mirror but just to make it pop/accent more?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO! Yes to floral! Maybe some navy/blues in a watercolor floral print?! That would go well with the rug! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.