Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends! Its been a catch-up week as we all recover from Rowan coming down with Roseola last week. It was terrible so we're relieved to see him back to his normal happy and highly entertaining self!

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to those of you who reached out after hearing he was sick again on my Snapchat and for the kind love on my previous post! You are all so sweet and I'm continually in awe at this amazing community!

I know I'm a little behind today but I wanted to get some feedback from y'all and share some faves from the week!

+ I'm officially obsessed with cement tile and have big plans for redoing a bathroom with gorgeous patterned tile like this someday! 

+ I've been trying to eat healthier lately and I'm loving these Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I use the Balsamic Glaze from Trader Joe's and its so, so good!

+ Currently searching for the perfect black one-piece swimsuit that doesn't make me feel like a mom. I have this Target Flounce One-Piece but I'd prefer something with stronger straps. Then I found this Hollister One-Piece and despite my reservations about the brand, it seems like a perfect combo of cute and covered depending on how those side cutouts go. I'll keep you posted! Anyone else have any one-piece suggestions?

+ Speaking of swimsuits, Rowan has his first swim class this weekend! He loves the tub until you get his head wet and it goes downhill from there, so I'm setting my expectations pretty low. Any tips mamas?!

+ Finally ordered these Pillowfort chairs for the DIY toddler table we made, hoping to paint it this weekend so I can share with you soon! I'll share some peaks on Snapchat in you're interested! (@HomeSweetRuby)

+ Loving these Sam Edelman Gemma Sandals. Per usual, they'll be in my online cart until hopefully they go on sale!

And last but definitely not least, I'm super stoked because my husband and I are going to Hawaii this summer! He is heading there for work so I'm going to be that wife that tags along while R gets some TLC from grandma. I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck leaving him but it will be so good for my husband and I to get away considering we've had like 3 date nights in 15 months.

So I need recommendations! If anyone has been to Oahu please share things to do, restaurants, etc! I'm hoping we can sneak off to Maui while he is off work but if not I'm sure Oahu will have plenty to do!

Hope you all have a fab weekend!

11 comments

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous! Hope everyone is feeling better in your house this weekend and that y'all have a good one :) Enjoy planning your trip to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been dealing with more sickness!! Yay for a Hawaii trip though! We went to Oahu for a wedding a few years ago and there's a ton to do there! We did a day tour that took us all the way around the island to most of the sights one day and that was fun and a nice way to see everything. We hiked one day and it was cool to see the different kind of plants and things there. I wish we would have had time to do snorkeling(there's a famous bay for it there). Oh and we paddle boarded with sea turtles! Definitely get some shaved ice too. Hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, my little one had Roseola about a month ago -- it sucks! As for Hawaii, whereabouts are you guys staying? My husband grew up on Oahu so we try to get back once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the target flounce one piece and the hollister one is so cute! I just worry that it won't have any support! I'm exactly the same bc I have a cart full of shoes and things waiting to go on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Hawaii trips! We've lived here for 4 years so far and I'd be happy to help with any recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Sam Edelman!!! Also very jealous of your trip to Hawaii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep us posted on how that swimsuit works out! xoxo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried on that Target bathing suit. Definitely not for mommys still breastfeeding. I felt like half the top was missing. It was not enough support our coverage at all! I'm still on the search for the mommy suit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rowan is a trooper! and Hawaii!!!! What a dream! Little M started his swimming lessons last week...we just lucked out that my cousin-in-law (is that a thing?) is a baby swim instructor at the Y! I was nervous and M cried the entire time haha but it was just a quick 10 mins and they were done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveee that Hollister swimsuit! And YAY for Hawaii!!! We did Oahu and Maui on our honeymoon 3 years ago and it's still our favorite trip ever. Definitely check out the North Shore and have lunch at the food trucks (there is a shrimp one that is so good) and Pearl Harbor is really, really cool/emotional to see. Just go early if you can. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep us updated on the one-piece hunt which is so not fun!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.