5 Things

You guys, I'm alive. I know you were all waiting on pins and needles for me to grace myself with my presence again on this 'ol site.

Work has been kicking my butt and compound that with a toddler whose perfect sleep habits just went bat shit crazy, I'm running on fumes and sadly the blog is the first place to take a hit. That said, I've got a lot of things going on behind the scenes that I've been itching to share with you!

One. I've had so so many requests for my favorite recommendations in Charleston, so I'm working on a travel guide with all of my favorite restaurants, places to go that are off the beaten tourist path, and where to stay. Stay tuned!


Two. 15 months after the birth of my child I'm finally working on his baby book! (Tell me I'm not the only one this far behind!?) I filled out a previous baby book the first month or so but I think I was high on the newborn smell because none of what I wrote makes sense and I wasn't in love with the baby book itself. Enter this gorgeous Mushybooks baby book and now I'm super inspired! I can't wait to show more of this to you guys, its so perfect!


Three. With the lack of sleep I'm all about comfort lately and Thug Life Shirts hooked it up with this fun Good Vibes Only tee. I'm obsessed with how soft it is! It's been on repeat with my ripped denim shorts and converse at daycare drop off. I'm partial to these Wine Tasting on the Couch and Coffee & Mascara tees but I could probably spend an hour reading all of the fun options. Make sure to use code HOMESWEETRUBY for 15% off!


For reference, I usually swear a women's medium or large and I got the unisex tee in size small. It's got just the right amount of stretch to it that it shoes some of my shape but not the muffin top.

Four. I just need to add a few finishing touches to Rowan's toddler table and I'm excited to share the end result! Despite the fact its a little crooked underneath its somehow level and cute so I'm going to count that as a win? Don't worry, I'll teach you how not to build a crooked table.

Five. I'm also teaming up with the sweetest and super creative mama, Emily, of Emily Johnson Art. I'm obsessed with her watercolor art (hello perfect nursery prints!) and can't wait to see what she does with the family photo I sent her!

Hope your week has been less bananas than ours! xo

7 comments

  1. Well hi!! Glad you're still alive. You are not the only one who is behind on the baby book, so I'll be interested to learn more about the mushy book! Hope that toddler sleep schedule gets better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought one of the Mushy Books! They are adorable! And I love those tee's - pretty much need one of each. Hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those t-shirts! I've picked out about three dozen that I need to have in my closet ASAP. Oops? Can't wait to read your Charleston guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it very time consuming to remember to write all those milestones in the baby book so I purchased a calendar that I used only for recording the baby milestones. I would write on the calendar (2 or 3 times a week) then when I had time I would transfer all of the important things to the baby book. I did this with both of my girls and they both have baby books that are loaded with all the important things every parent wants to remember. Hope this idea helps you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby book looks so cute! I love that it's gender neutral too. I am definitely pinning for the future!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just working on my daughter's book. She's 10 months old. It's hard to find the time! That book looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily Johnson is my roommate from college!!! Such a crazy, small world. I LOVE her work!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.