One Room Challenge Week 2 Progress

That title was such a teaser because on the outside, our progress on the playroom and DIY built-ins has been....


(crickets)

Literally, nothing has happened. Unless you count finally installing furniture straps, cordless blinds, and unsuccessfully installing an over-the-range microwave... but clearly those are unrelated.

One of the many advantages to having a general contractor in the family is we can call him whenever we have questions. So when we were planning out the built-in design this week, we asked how to secure the built-ins to the floor without ripping up our carpet.

So what did our contractor say?

"Send me your measurements. I'll design it and write up a materials and cut list for you."

Umm, yeah that works for us!

So as of today we're just waiting on our plans from my ever so sweet brother-in-law! And I feel so much better because lets be honest, I was ready to scrap the project because it was so dang intimidating.

You better believe I'll share all of his helpful tips along the way! 

Side note: if anyone needs a contractor in the Chicago area, I'm happy to give you his contact info! I've seen the work he and his team do and it makes me so sad they aren't local to help with some of our projects!

6 comments

  1. That is awesome that you have a professional to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that your BIL is going to help you out! Can't wait to see the progress!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! How awesome! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm i'll take his information!! that might come in handy in the future when we buy another house!! that's so awesome he is doing that for you! i can't wait to see the finished project, we have similar built-ins in our frog room and i love them! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I wish I had a contractor in the family!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.